Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

AA Citi card miles not transferred to AAdvantage accounts [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
If you have a BUSINESS card and do not see Miles credited to your AAdvantage account, please post in this thread in the AA forum: CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Mastercard - Loyalty Points Post but 0 Miles

See also this thread: Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Print Wikipost

AA Citi card miles not transferred to AAdvantage accounts [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 7:50 am

when I called they told me to keep waiting and would not open a ticket... Same results as others - 0 miles posted.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
Still an odd result this morning. On the main page, it shows my old balance but on "my account", I still see the mystery miles under "Mileage Activity" but not under "Total Available Award Mileage".

C'mon AA, get with it already.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by txflyer77
Still an odd result this morning. On the main page, it shows my old balance but on "my account", I still see the mystery miles under "Mileage Activity" but not under "Total Available Award Mileage".

C'mon AA, get with it already.
This is what I see too and I'm going to quietly hope the miles some how make their way to my Award Mileage.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 8:17 pm

I contacted Citi (because AA was closed - figured I'd talk to anyone!) tonight looking for my 50k bonus miles from my recent CitiBusiness card.

The woman I spoke with said it was a known issue on AA's side - she said that she heard they were having problems with their computer system due to the merger!

I really hope she was wrong with that answer!!

Anyway, I put in a SM with AA through their website - I guess I can look forward to the standard answers most of you got.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat, SPG Gld, HH Gld, MR Gld
I have 3 Citi AA Cards:

Plat Per: Jan 10 Statement says earned AA miles = 59,xxx; reported to AA = 59,xxx
Plat Biz: Jan 28 Statement says earned AA miles = 53,198; reported to AA = 0
100K Per: Mar 13 Statement says earned AA miles = 110,045; reported to AA = 110,045

AA is working on getting the Biz miles into my account.

But good sign though that my 100K card statement show miles being transferred to AA. Hope to see these in my AA Account today or tomorrow.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 8:58 am

Anyone know of a contact email address to open a ticket via email?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:56 am

Add me to the list of people with 0 miles reported to AA. This is for an Exec card. I've only had 1 MC and it was a Biz card closed last October. I also have an open personal Visa Plat card. I guess I'll be following the wii, but I'm not holding my breath Wife also got a Plat personal card, so we'll see if she gets her miles whenever her statement posts.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 2:24 pm

My statement on the executive closed yesterday 0 reported.
My wife's both of her executive account with the 100k bonus reported to AA.
I have another executive with closing date on the 19, lets see if it will reported.
Never got this issue before, I have a Business card since October and never had a problem.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by BillGattes
I contacted Citi (because AA was closed - figured I'd talk to anyone!) tonight looking for my 50k bonus miles from my recent CitiBusiness card.

The woman I spoke with said it was a known issue on AA's side - she said that she heard they were having problems with their computer system due to the merger!
Called today and talked to AA, who told me to get the info from Citi, then called Citi and got told the same thing as BillGattes. I called AA back, and gave them the info. The CSR said it should be resolved within 7 days, if not then to call him back.

Fingers crossed.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by spear76
Called today and talked to AA, who told me to get the info from Citi, then called Citi and got told the same thing as BillGattes. I called AA back, and gave them the info. The CSR said it should be resolved within 7 days, if not then to call him back.

Fingers crossed.
What info do you need from Citi to give to AA?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by TowerOrchard
Has anyone tried to resolve the problem through Twitter?
I am trying...will update.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by Rodeojones
I am trying...will update.
They directed me to customer service.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 6:15 am

called yesterday afternoon to following up since my biz card miles still did not post. I called 2 week ago and went through the exercise of conferencing with citi and AA and was told it would get resolved in a week or so. The acknowledged the issue and they repeated the previous step of sending message to the resolution team. When I asked about when I should follow up again I was told there is no estimate but there are thousands of people in front of me waiting to get the same issue resolved. I politely pointed out to them I initially contacted them in Jan they responded with they are working "day and night" to get this resolved and there is nothing they can do further and there is no estimate on when it will get resolved. The CSR offered again to book the tickets allowing my balance to go negative and rudely said there is no need to for me to follow up on this issue since miles will eventually get posted. Talked to the supervisor and was told call back in a month if miles still did not get posted. I asked what other things they would be able to do in a month that they couldn't do now and she had no answer. So if miles still don't post in a month (I am convinced very likely since they have been repeating the same steps with no result) I plan to call back in a month. I am thinking maybe I can have AA create a new account, link the biz card and have citi push the miles and merge two AA accounts.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
I got 5-10 business days as my estimate for the business card miles problem to be resolved. The stories here have left me less than confident.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 8:11 am

FWIW I called Citi on this issue. Citi CSR got AAdvantage on the line and the story this time is that it is taking them awhile to correctly enroll new Exec cards. The statement from AA to the Citi CSR is that everything would be resolved after an additional card cycle. Supposedly the card is correctly associated with FF# and miles are acknowledged even if not posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.