Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

AA Citi card miles not transferred to AAdvantage accounts [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 10, 2014, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
If you have a BUSINESS card and do not see Miles credited to your AAdvantage account, please post in this thread in the AA forum: CitiBusiness AAdvantage Platinum Mastercard - Loyalty Points Post but 0 Miles

See also this thread: Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Print Wikipost

AA Citi card miles not transferred to AAdvantage accounts [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:34 am

Has anyone been successful getting miles posted for a business card opened since November? All of the reports of having this problem resolved thus far only seem to pertain to personal cards.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by MissDaisyofTexas
I called the number listed above yesterday, and my miles showed up in my account today.

Thanks for the help!

(FYI--I have both the business and personal cards...my business card was successfully posting miles, but my personal card was not).
How many days had it been since your 1st statement posted showing "miles reported to AA: 0" and them actually finally posting? thanks.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by bleech2
Has anyone been successful getting miles posted for a business card opened since November? All of the reports of having this problem resolved thus far only seem to pertain to personal cards.
My biz AA card closed Feb 28th, including my 50k bonus. Those points still have yet to post to AA.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 12:46 pm

I just called and got a CSR that was being a pain. Kept repeating that it says you might have to wait for 6-8 weeks for points earned on the CC to post. I kept telling him Citi confirmed they sent over the points the Monday after my statement posted. I finally told him that he needed to make a ticket, and have someone else look into it. And he finally did. Took 30+ min, not counting the hold time.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 1:11 pm

I also just spoke with a CSR who was polite(ish), but kept insisting that I was calling too early, because points can take 4-6 weeks to post to the AA account from Citi. I (politely) asked her to open a ticket about it, and she seemed completely unfamiliar with that terminology. She put me on hold while she spoke with a manager, and came back and said it was a known issue on their end, and I could expect to see the points in my account within two weeks.

Not the results I was hoping for... I am ready for this to get resolved!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by TowerOrchard
I also just spoke with a CSR who was polite(ish), but kept insisting that I was calling too early, because points can take 4-6 weeks to post to the AA account from Citi. I (politely) asked her to open a ticket about it, and she seemed completely unfamiliar with that terminology. She put me on hold while she spoke with a manager, and came back and said it was a known issue on their end, and I could expect to see the points in my account within two weeks.

Not the results I was hoping for... I am ready for this to get resolved!
I agree, it would be one thing if this was common practice but for it to happen randomly and get resolved quicker for some then others and not happen at all on 2 of my cards in the first place but happens now and how they cant just give an honest explanation or understand how to "fix" it is very frustrating.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 2:35 pm

My biz card was opened last Nov and so far it has been 4 statements and two tickets with zero miles reported. No sign up bonus, no purchase miles. The statements did say miles were accumulated.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA, UA.
Bus card open since Nov 20, 2013 still not post miles

We both open business card last Nov 2013, still no miles post.
Send multiple SM to CRS. First said it take 2 -3 billing cycle. Then more SM, it said another 3 billing stmts. I finally, send another SM said, how many more billing cycle will this take. The CSR reply back 30 days.

Lee
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA, UAL
Originally Posted by moon4fun
We both open business card last Nov 2013, still no miles post.
Send multiple SM to CRS. First said it take 2 -3 billing cycle. Then more SM, it said another 3 billing stmts. I finally, send another SM said, how many more billing cycle will this take. The CSR reply back 30 days.

Lee
I get the feeling CSRs are throwing weeks / days number just like that / whatever comes to their mind. The fact is: There is some issue with new business card miles are not getting posted, statement shows them accumulated but nothing on AA. It appears no one at Citi has clue what is wrong and thus they don't have any ETA for the fix.

Cheers!
Not-so Proud Member of "I am awaiting AA miles from new Citi Bus. card from Nov." club!
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:49 pm

Has anyone tried to resolve the problem through Twitter?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
This is weird. I just had 18,962 miles post to my account but I have no idea where that came from. Of my three Citi AA cards, only one had any activity last month (business card opened 1/12/13) and my statement from Citi says I should've gotten 53,398 miles.

No flights on AA since January and no partner activity. My AA account just says "Transaction Posted".

This brings me to 66,250 but I need 67,500 to my return from HKG later this year!

edit: I also got a 10% award redemption bonus for 3,750 but I haven't redeemed any awards in a while and certainly none for 37,500 miles.

Did someone else's activity post to my account?

Last edited by txflyer77; Mar 12, 2014 at 7:51 pm
Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by txflyer77
This is weird. I just had 18,962 miles post to my account but I have no idea where that came from.
I have a mysterious credit as well...for 86,515 miles. I might be owed some miles from an incorrect 10% rebate on a redemption, but not that many. Not even close.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by st1575
I have a mysterious credit as well...for 86,515 miles. I might be owed some miles from an incorrect 10% rebate on a redemption, but not that many. Not even close.
I too just checked my account, found a random credit:
03/11/14 Transaction Posted 4,747
Nothing I can think of would result in this credit, any others find random points today?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:03 pm

Also looking further into my account looks like this hiccup with AA just caused my million miler miles to double!?!

Date Transaction Description* Mileage
Starting Balance 188,503
03/11/14 Transaction Posted 188,503
Total Miles Posted 188,503
ENDING BALANCE ** 377,006
Old Mar 12, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
I've got:

1) no miles from the EXEC card

2) no mystery miles posted

3) same million mile count

Million Miler Balance 225,951
Program to Date Miles 606,134

and after the 2 EXECs, that program to date will be a cool 826,134 ... would LOVE for that to be my million mile balance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.