Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 24, 2014, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
The thread was split on September 24, 2014 for technical reasons. This version of the Wikipost is frozen as of that date. Please click HERE to read the newer posts and the most current Wikipost.
-----------------------------------

For questions NOT related to the application process - such as experiences using benefits - refer to the AA forum thread on this card: AA Citibank Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard (Master Thread)

Recommended Application Procedure:
Clear cache and cookies prior to applying or use an incognito or private browsing session to apply. Opening multiple different apps in different windows or tabs or failing to clear cookies/cache has resulted in people receiving a lesser offer for some Citi cards. [B]We do not know, and Citi has not indicated, how long these offers will last. Citi has left other offers alive for over a year beyond the 'apply by' date in the past. These links could be here all year or gone tomorrow. If the application loads, it is good, based on past Citi applications that survived past the landing page expiration, regardless of any posted or advertised 'apply by' date.

MOST CURRENT LINKS:

As of 8/19/14, the 60K+ links are no longer working, and give the following error:
A system error has caused a delay in processing your application. Please try again later.

[This link stopped working for a few days in July but seems to be working again] Many thanks to LM225 - Citi AA Executive Personal Mastercard, 100,000 miles after $10,000 spend in 3 months, Admirals Club access for cardholder and family or cardholder and two guests, up to $200 in statement credits. $450 annual fee, not waived. Landing page no longer loads as of 6/24.

The landing page asks for a first and last name but the application loads with or without the landing page. This is a CHIP and Signature card. If you go through the landing page, please use any referral code given to you by an AC rep.

For alternate 100K links, see Post #6084. https://www.citicards.com/cards/acq/...&screenID=3001

Many thanks to lobo411 - Citi AA Executive Personal Mastercard, 75,000 miles after $7500 spend in 3 months, Admirals Club access for cardholder and family or cardholder and two guests, up to $100 in statement credits. $450 annual fee, not waived. No landing page. This is a CHIP and Signature card. Bonus confirmed in posts 136 and 142. Still working: There is also a public version of this offer Citi AA Mastercard, 75,000 miles, Landing page available here. HT Belllaaa.

Many thanks to cerealmarketer - Citi AA Executive Personal Mastercard, 60,000 miles after $5k spend in 3 months, Admirals Club access for cardholder and family or cardholder and two guests. $450 annual fee, not waived. Landing page available here. This is a CHIP and Signature card. Landing page for 60K for $5K, with $100 statement credit and application.

Current 50K public offer: (Be carefull this link is showing as 30k in citi system, use other link for 50k) Landing page for 50K for $5K spending, no statement credit and application.

New 50k offer:
Landing page for New 50K for $5K spending, no statement credit - Application Link WARNING: This landing page contains the following in the Footnotes: "American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles are not available if you have had a Citi Executive® / AAdvantage® World EliteTM MasterCard® opened or closed in the past 18 months." But the app link directly following it goes to a totally different app page, which is reported to be working as usual.

EXPEDITED SHIPPING
While reconsideration/application reps do not seem to be aware of this, these cards are expedited and usually arrive 1-2 days after approval.The CSR will not take a request to expedite the card.

Who is eligible for this card? Anyone as long as you can be approved for the minimum $5K credit line, subject to the standard Citi rules of 1 Citi app or card of any kind per 8 days and 2 Citi cards or apps of any kind per 65 days. It is always advisable to wait 65 days from any type of Citi denial before applying for another Citi card. Many have reported getting approved for this card in spite of having several open AA cards over the past year as well as having previously had this card.

Not sure about the 8 and 65 day rules? If your most recent application for any Citi card is less than click here - 8 days ago, you need to wait. Also, if your previous (second-to-last) Citi application is less than click here - 65 days ago, you need to wait. These are not rules published or known by Citi CSRs but rather based on thousands of Citi card applications and datapoints across several threads.

This card can be churned. Recent datapoints concerning multiple Executive cards include posts 917, 1059 and starting at 1365. For in-depth datapoints and advice on churning Citi cards, read and study the extensive wiki posts in the HH thread and the AA Plat/gold thread. Click the plus on the right hand side of the wiki if you do not see the wiki text. Datapoints for bonus points posting on multiple cards include post 2579.

Getting around the $450 annual fee: Some have been able to meet the spending requirement before the first statement posts and then cancel and have the fee refunded after the miles post. Details and datapoints include starting at post 74. T&C state that the card must be cancelled within 30 days of the fee posting to get it refunded. Potential problems with this plans include a very short (1 week or less) first "month" as well as delays in miles posting which have been reported by several FTers here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html. YMMV. If paying $250-$450 for a year's access to Admirals Clubs and the 60K-100K miles is a deal breaker, this card may not be for you.

Once you cancel the card (within the 37 day window of AF posting) the refund will post on the account between 1-3 business days.

Retention Bonus Offers: User have been offered the following retention bonus offers when calling to cancel the card:

- 5,000 points + $100 credit with $1,500 spend per month for 3 months 5333
- 2 additional club member passes 6862
- 1,000 bonus miles each month for 16 month, min $1k spend/month 6862

Already a member? If you already purchased an AC membership (for example, using the credit from Amex Plat) and apply and are approved for this card, AA will refund you the pro-rated AF from any time left on your membership.

When do miles post? Usually a few days after your statement closes. In some cases your statement will show the correct miles earned but will show 0 miles reported to AA. In this case see this thread.

Please post more experiences about cancelling to avoid the $450 fee

Helpful points from post #3794 and others, especially for those new to Citi:
1) Citi CSRs are clueless, so disregard everything they say that seems to contradict anything you have read on F/T. And take everything else with a big grain of salt. I was told 3 times VERY CLEARLY "You will not got your annual fee refunded" while I was cancelling, but I did get it.

2a) With Citi, if you are approved for a card, and meet the minimum spend requirement, you will get the bonus listed for the offer you applied for. Every time ! Unlike Chase or AMEX, who will send you a card, wait for you to pay the fee and spend, and then say "sorry, you don't qualify for a bonus". If Citi doesn't intend to give you the bonus, they will just deny your app. They won't even do a pull, they will just instantly deny your app. If they send you the card, and you meet the spend on time, you will get the bonus. My attorney insists I add "that could change tomorrow", but from the Big Bang thru today, that has always been true.

2b) Another helpful post discussing timeframe for meeting min spend: 6279

3) Any expectation that Citi will do things that make sense is just plain silly. They won't.

Citibank Contacts/Resources
  • Application status: https://www.accountonline.com/cards/...?screenID=3187
  • (800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 – Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.
  • Executive Office - useful for getting a more empowered agent for reconsideration purposes: CitiBank Executive Review Department, P.O. Box 6000, Sioux Falls, SD 57117
Admiral Club Access: You do not need to be flying AA that particular day of travel. (Ex: you're flying DL on the day of travel...you could still enter the AC lounge, even though you're not on an AA flight that day.) Beware, though, that individual lounges have individual rules (see the link below). Alternate rules usually come w/ Qantas lounges, not AA lounges. Furthermore, AC access "comes with" US Air access (19 locations). An authorized user does not have AC access unless they are with the primary card holder. The authorized user's card will have the "Admiral Club" language omitted from the back of their card.

For reference, an AC lounge list: http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...#admirals-club
For questions and discussions on lounge access: Help Desk: Lounge Access and Lounge Access Rules

$200 Statement Credit on any purchase:

Multiple datapoints within this thread as well as multiple confirmations from CSRs say that the $200 statement credit is for any purchase.

Also, please note that these cards do not include the 10% miles rebate offered by some other Citi AA products.

What about the EQM? AA tracks your miles earned on Executive card(s) and adds 10K Elite Qualifying Miles to your EQM balance once you earn 40,000 miles during a calendar year on Executive card(s). Any number of Executive cards can add up to the 40K, and you cannot earn more than 10K EQM each year. No redeemable miles are added, and this is of no consequence or value unless you will also earn at least 15K additional EQM in a given year by flying and 10K will bump you up to the next status level.

Direct phone number to Citi Fraud Prevention department: +18664705331

Concierge service enrollment (allows for electronic requests). Concierge number is +18778812668

Here are the minimum credit limit required amounts in order to keep an account open (for purposes of new card applications and reconsiderations)
Citi Amex 1k (likely citi gold as well)
Citi Visa signature/world MasterCard 3k
Citi World elite Mastercards (including exec) 5k

Advice to those new to citi American Airlines cards,

If you are just starting out please apply and use the lower level citi AA card for a while before moving on to this thread and card. This will help you in the long run in more ways than one. Most of us here have opened and used lower level AA cards before moving on to this thread and card
Also,
Check out this thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...ost-first.html
Print Wikipost

Citi Executive AA MasterCard [October 2013 - September 2014]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by michael160
Only if you keep the card past day 37 after your Annual fee posts, if you know what I mean...
To me, trying to cancel prior to the 37 day mark is wrong. Citi will have statistics on the annual fee and will stop the large sign up bonus rapidly if they do not get the annual fee from people.

IF this happens, I am sure that everyone will blame the bloggers and everyone else for the demise of the 75K sign up bonus. No one will take responsibility for pushing Citi to stop the promotion.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:19 pm
Used to be 'cfras701'

Try one more thing:

Originally Posted by glocklt4
Applied for 100k on Mon for wife. First time I got an error on the site after clicking "verify". I did it again this time on another browser and it went through, came back with "we'll contact you" standard message. Wife was busy and not able to call about it until last night. They claim they didn't receive an application! Ugh... so looks like that is lost.
Glock - Which number did your wife call? Was it the App Status (1-800-201-4523). When I called that number yesterday, I think I was routed to a call center in a foreign country and the lady told me my application had been "Voided". After hanging up I had a hunch to try calling this CITI phone number (1-800-695-5171) where I got routed to a USA call center. I was then told that my application was approved, yippee!

Those of us who applied on Monday - I found out earlier in the week that there was a glitch in their system that caused duplicate applications to come into their computer system from the online application page. I was told that their tech support was working on a fix. What I think happened is that one of my duplicate apps was voided, the other was processed and approved. The lady at the foreign call center only looked at the voided app. So try calling again at the second number I listed above.

I'm also wondering if once they get the problem fixed that caused the duplicate online applications to happen, will that link in the WIKI be available and working again? I hope so!

Last edited by ciao_bella; Jul 19, 2014 at 6:14 am
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by deant
To me, trying to cancel prior to the 37 day mark is wrong. Citi will have statistics on the annual fee and will stop the large sign up bonus rapidly if they do not get the annual fee from people.

IF this happens, I am sure that everyone will blame the bloggers and everyone else for the demise of the 75K sign up bonus. No one will take responsibility for pushing Citi to stop the promotion.

Citi's sure happy you think it's wrong to cancel. This promo has last way longer than anyone might ever have expected. Last year, the pimps would fall all over themselves to post about a 100K Plat offer that might last anywhere from a day to a week. Now, they can barely be bothered because no affiliate income from this deal to pimp incessantly to noobs and nimrods who still click on their links.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by FTuser19
Apparently there is something malfuncting with their system. I have sent two cancellation messages over the last three days, and also have not gotten a response. In the past, I always got an email acknowledging my SM within 12 hrs or so and a SM reply shortly thereafter indicating the account was closed.

I had it all done in about two hours today, via SM.
Old Jul 18, 2014, 8:54 pm

I don't know if this happened to anyone else, but today I received a "Decline of Application" letter from Citi, telling me they are sorry, but they cannot give me the card.
The same card that they sent me several days ago, and which is on my desk as I write this.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by FTuser19
Apparently there is something malfuncting with their system. I have sent two cancellation messages over the last three days, and also have not gotten a response. In the past, I always got an email acknowledging my SM within 12 hrs or so and a SM reply shortly thereafter indicating the account was closed.
Originally Posted by ZzzzX
I had it all done in about two hours today, via SM.
Thanks Z.. Must be something with my Citi relationship/online situation. I did move to CitiGold over the last two weeks and that altered my web page, but would not think that would matter (should be a positive, if anything). Sent my third cancel request last night, and will call if that still does not work. Thanks again.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 9:58 am
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Moderator Note: I've just deleted a thoroughly off-topic bickering session regarding who should or should not be allowed to post here.

Let me settle the argument: Every active user is welcome to post here, as long as those posts relate to the Citi AA Executive card signup process.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
I can't remember when I applied exactly but it was earlier this week, so 7/14 or 7/15 and I had a credit pull alert yesterday and this morning I had a FedEx Saturday delivery of my new card, woo! I called and confirmed and got the 100K miles for 10K spend in 3 months. I don't think I'm going to cancel after I get my 10K spend as I think a couple visits to the admirals club in the next year will be worth it and this is my first Citi card so I don't want to get and cancel right away.

Now, to pre-pay my rent a couple months and go try to rack up some additional spend.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by linkerbox
I can't remember when I applied exactly but it was earlier this week, so 7/14 or 7/15 and I had a credit pull alert yesterday and this morning I had a FedEx Saturday delivery of my new card, woo! I called and confirmed and got the 100K miles for 10K spend in 3 months. I don't think I'm going to cancel after I get my 10K spend as I think a couple visits to the admirals club in the next year will be worth it and this is my first Citi card so I don't want to get and cancel right away.

Now, to pre-pay my rent a couple months and go try to rack up some additional spend.
A couple of visits for $450!? You could pay single visit fees to your choice of lounges many times and not come close to that.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by carpentry4thought
A couple of visits for $450!? You could pay single visit fees to your choice of lounges many times and not come close to that.
This is the posters FIRST Citi credit card. I believe it could raise some red flags at Citi if he / she were to cancel the card immediately. Don't burn bridges that you want to cross back over.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:12 pm

This is the posters FIRST Citi credit card. I believe it could raise some red flags at Citi if he / she were to cancel the card immediately. Don't burn bridges that you want to cross back over.
I just cancelled my first AA exec via SM but I still have a Citi Hilton card (first ever Citi card). Spouse will close first card and keep second (both AA execs). Not sure if it matters if you follow the 8/65 day rule.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by carpentry4thought
And $250 ($450-$200 credit) for 100K miles is still not a bad deal, nice international flight costing $1000+ for $250, sounds OK to me!
Old Jul 19, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, HLTN, ETC
Can anyone clue me in on where i can look to verify I am "signed up" for getting the 100k offer. I used the 100k application and got the card in the mail this morning and do not see it mentioned anywhere in any of the paperwork. The CSR on the phone told me I was good for the 100k when i got my app approved but I was hoping i would get some verification in the paperwork somewhere just to confirm 100%.

Would I have to call into the annoying CSR to confirm or am i missing it somewhere?
Old Jul 19, 2014, 1:54 pm

It is entirely unclear whether canceling raises red flags at Citi. Some people believe it does, some believe it doesn't. Common sense suggests it should, but applying common sense to Citi's credit card policies is usually a mistake.
Old Jul 19, 2014, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by air360
Can anyone clue me in on where i can look to verify I am "signed up" for getting the 100k offer. I used the 100k application and got the card in the mail this morning and do not see it mentioned anywhere in any of the paperwork. The CSR on the phone told me I was good for the 100k when i got my app approved but I was hoping i would get some verification in the paperwork somewhere just to confirm 100%.

Would I have to call into the annoying CSR to confirm or am i missing it somewhere?
The approval letter you got in the mail has the bonus on the first page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.