FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Citi | ThankYou Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards-739/)
-   -   Citi cards closed, TYP confiscated, reasons not disclosed. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-thankyou-rewards/1465023-citi-cards-closed-typ-confiscated-reasons-not-disclosed.html)

QL_714 May 20, 2013 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by I can see for miles (Post 20780088)
I don't consider it childish to fight for justice if wronged and to expect to receive what I've rightfully earned. You apparently do, and prefer to move on to the next game if wronged and denied what you've rightfully earned. Your preferred course is easier, no doubt. If it's a small sum in question, I'll follow it. If it's a large sum, I will not. I don't think less of anyone who doesn't share my viewpoint on this.

It is puff, puff, pass. I think you forgot the pass part. :rolleyes:

Mountain Trader May 20, 2013 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 20782007)
So I have yet to earn any TYP because I am new and have yet to get a statement off the Premier, Preferred, or my new Citi gold acct--all of which are to earn points sometime soon if all goes well.

I had wanted to check out the TYP site though and tried to log in but had problems. So on the 15th I called in to ask and they gave me access and I got in. But today I tried and that log in failed. I called again figuring it hardly matters as I have no points yet, and I was given the ability to get in and make a new log in, which now works. The guy apologized for this apparent glitch in the system and then he gave me points for my trouble...

05/20/2013 Adjustment
Adjustment 500

haha ironic, eh?

So that's my balance for now... lol

:)MM

Why not call and ask for a check redemption for $.50. Then when they shut you down, you can roll up your sleeves and run interference for Happy.

thehawk75 May 20, 2013 6:02 pm

Wouldn't that technically be $5? :p

silver6054 May 20, 2013 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by thehawk75 (Post 20783798)

Yes, for a mortgage check (but sorry, MM, you need a minimum of 2,500 TYP to get a mortgage check)
And $2.50 for a statement credit, but that starts at 2,000 TYP for $10.

So, he needs a few more errors.

Marathon Man May 20, 2013 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy (Post 20782612)
MM - y'all forgot to get TYPs for a Citi LoC and TYPs for an AT&T card.:p

I guess I could still get em!

Originally Posted by Mountain Trader (Post 20783742)
Why not call and ask for a check redemption for $.50. Then when they shut you down, you can roll up your sleeves and run interference for Happy.

I wont do nuthin fer happy til she does for me what she knows she must do.

Originally Posted by silver6054 (Post 20783826)
Yes, for a mortgage check (but sorry, MM, you need a minimum of 2,500 TYP to get a mortgage check)
And $2.50 for a statement credit, but that starts at 2,000 TYP for $10.

So, he needs a few more errors.

just a few lol:D

Mountain Trader May 20, 2013 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by thehawk75 (Post 20783798)

$5 would cash out MM's account, leaving him nothing to fight for.

Mountain Trader May 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Deleted.

iahphx May 21, 2013 9:57 am

Have there been any new closures the past week? I'm trying to figure out whether I can use my Preferred card at all these days. :)

glocklt4 May 21, 2013 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx (Post 20787151)
Have there been any new closures the past week? I'm trying to figure out whether I can use my Preferred card at all these days. :)

I may find out tomorrow with statement closing today. Will report either way.

silver6054 May 21, 2013 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by glocklt4 (Post 20788763)
I may find out tomorrow with statement closing today. Will report either way.

I thought the thought was that it didn't necessarily correlate to statement closing (although that would be a good place to detect a large point increase).
Still, my statement closed without issue, so I bought a single VR to push my luck!

Marathon Man May 21, 2013 2:47 pm

my premier bonus showed up

~34000 pts for the card and its 3k spend, and some ~800 point bonus too.

Nice.

I used 25k to get some store GCs I know we can use and that now pretty much 'pays for' the fees and costs of all things I used to make spends on both CCs. This way even if all else fails, I dont quite lose nuthin!

Next up, let's see if the Preferred TY posts next week!

Happy May 21, 2013 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 20788890)
my premier bonus showed up

~34000 pts for the card and its 3k spend, and some ~800 point bonus too.

Nice.

I used 25k to get some store GCs I know we can use and that now pretty much 'pays for' the fees and costs of all things I used to make spends on both CCs. This way even if all else fails, I dont quite lose nuthin!

Next up, let's see if the Preferred TY posts next week!

They will. As Hawk pointed out, despite his colleague's TY was locked, points from 3 cards in subsequent statement closing all posted. I was even told that I could continue to earn points just that I could not have access to them now. :rolleyes:

Marathon Man May 21, 2013 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 20788914)
They will. As Hawk pointed out, despite his colleague's TY was locked, points from 3 cards in subsequent statement closing all posted. I was even told that I could continue to earn points just that I could not have access to them now. :rolleyes:

Well i guess what i mean is...

When they post can i use them?

I suppose what ill do is see them, use as many as i can quickly, and then see if it lasts.

lkar May 21, 2013 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 20789536)
Well i guess what i mean is...

When they post can i use them?

I suppose what ill do is see them, use as many as i can quickly, and then see if it lasts.

My experience is pretty much the same as Happy's -- I have been told that I can continue to accumulate points, and indeed points are still posting to my account even though it is under review. I cannot, however, use them. I hope they will give me a chance to do so before shutting me down, but that seems unlikely.

glocklt4 May 21, 2013 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by silver6054 (Post 20788806)
I thought the thought was that it didn't necessarily correlate to statement closing (although that would be a good place to detect a large point increase).
Still, my statement closed without issue, so I bought a single VR to push my luck!

Yeah, but it will confirm or deny that.