Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discontinuation of Citi Forward card?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA, BA Avios, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by lowimpact
My oldest card is a citi dividend card I've had since the 5% gas / groceries / drugstores days and I'm thinking about converting it since I already maxed out my yearly cashback limit buying beans . Lots of banks can pull shenanigans during conversions though - unexpected hard pulls, new card offer mentioned but not honored, account closed / new one not approved, etc..

Can folks who've successfully done the conversion to a citi forward chime in and confirm whether or not the new card they received has an identical card number?
Citi recently finished my conversion from that same old dividend card. Definitely didn't generate a hard pull. I can't be 100% sure but I believe the forward card came with a new number - don't have the old dividend to confirm though. I also confirmed via secure message the 4 bonus points per $ earning rate for Restaurants, Movies, Bookstores, and Music Stores.
Old May 12, 2013, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by eyeballer
Citi recently finished my conversion from that same old dividend card. Definitely didn't generate a hard pull. I can't be 100% sure but I believe the forward card came with a new number - don't have the old dividend to confirm though. I also confirmed via secure message the 4 bonus points per $ earning rate for Restaurants, Movies, Bookstores, and Music Stores.
Any other stories of conversions from TYP or Dividends to Forward? Can anybody else confirm 5x on new Forward card? Thanks

Also, if you can confirm that the credit card number changed, that would be great. I have a long history with my Dividends card and don't want to lose that number (effectively closing my account).
Old May 12, 2013, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Any other stories of conversions from TYP or Dividends to Forward? Can anybody else confirm 5x on new Forward card? Thanks

Also, if you can confirm that the credit card number changed, that would be great. I have a long history with my Dividends card and don't want to lose that number (effectively closing my account).
In my online account the dividend card disappeared completely and was replaced by the forward card - no previous transaction history is there. However, the new forward card does have my "member since" year correct though - which was based on the dividend card (my first Citi CC).
Old May 12, 2013, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by eyeballer
In my online account the dividend card disappeared completely and was replaced by the forward card - no previous transaction history is there. However, the new forward card does have my "member since" year correct though - which was based on the dividend card (my first Citi CC).
Credit score is very important to me right now, as I plan on buying a home soon. That's why I didn't take advantage of the 5x TYP deal even though it was there for me. I'm glad that they got the "member since" year correct, but if they did change the actual credit card number, will that affect your credit score at all? I've seen my official credit report, and the credit history is based on credit card numbers. Do you suppose the new card number will just fill the slot of the previous number and nothing else will change?
Old May 12, 2013, 11:12 am

Credit score is very important to me right now, as I plan on buying a home soon. That's why I didn't take advantage of the 5x TYP deal even though it was there for me. I'm glad that they got the "member since" year correct, but if they did change the actual credit card number, will that affect your credit score at all? I've seen my official credit report, and the credit history is based on credit card numbers. Do you suppose the new card number will just fill the slot of the previous number and nothing else will change?
Yes, on my credit report it shows the account as being open 2005. New numbers shouldn't affect it at all. My TYP card has had 2-3 numbers since I've had it due to fraud, all shows correctly on credit reports. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old May 12, 2013, 10:17 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
I'm glad that they got the "member since" year correct, but if they did change the actual credit card number, will that affect your credit score at all?
(Answered here as well.) I did the same as eyeballer, converting an old account to Forward a few months ago, with no impact upon my credit score, no hard pull, etc.

As I mentioned in the other card thread, your credit card number can change for lots of reasons, e.g., lost card. That doesn't change anything about your account.
Old May 13, 2013, 10:15 am

I recently requested conversion of an old TY Preferred card earning 1x to the Citi Forward card. Rep could not confirm 5x bonus TYP categories. Anxiously waiting for the new card, however I was told it would be some ~45 days to make the conversion.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
I recently requested conversion of an old TY Preferred card earning 1x to the Citi Forward card. Rep could not confirm 5x bonus TYP categories. Anxiously waiting for the new card, however I was told it would be some ~45 days to make the conversion.
More than 45 days later, what happened? Did it convert successfully? Did you end up with the 5X TYP categories?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 8:57 am

I successfully converted Wife's card (with me as AU). Phone rep said "How did you know about that card?" Took longer than 45 days. Received cards first and then literature two weeks later. Bonus categories are not well described in card's literature. We'll see if I get the 5x bonus when statement comes.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by billatq
More than 45 days later, what happened? Did it convert successfully? Did you end up with the 5X TYP categories?
Card conversion was no problem. Received the forward card, definitely getting 5x TYP categories. Confirmed with the rep when I activated the card, and confirmed on my account statement as well.

This 5X on dining is unbeatable! No longer using my CSP and Ink Cash for dining.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 10:12 am

Looks like they won't allow a conversion for the TY Preferred, at least on a new customer. Their claim is that I have to wait a year (due to a 0% interest promotion) before they'll allow the conversion, which is fairly lame. When they escalated it to a "manager" or whatnot, that person claimed the same thing, but gave me some free TY points as a consolation.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 12:21 pm

I was able to convert my TY Premier to Citi Forward last week. The annual fee for second year for TY Premier had already been charged, but it will be credited back. For some reason the conversion to Forward takes some time, it will not be converted until mid November. Until I receive the new Forward card mid to late November, the TY Premier card will still be active.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by heta
I was able to convert my TY Premier to Citi Forward last week. The annual fee for second year for TY Premier had already been charged, but it will be credited back. For some reason the conversion to Forward takes some time, it will not be converted until mid November. Until I receive the new Forward card mid to late November, the TY Premier card will still be active.
Citi claims that the CARD act requires them to wait almost 45 days before they can complete the product change because your APR is changing between the two products.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 2:56 am

Apparently the 5x rate is gone for new applications of the Student card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.