Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 19, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SeeBuyFly
MOST CURRENT WORKING LINKS.

Citi AA platinum Personal Visa 50,000 miles after $2500 spend in 4 months (Note: no AC passes or statement credit). $85 Annual Fee. Waived first year.

End of an era Ladies and gents. The 50k offer is now dead.

Citi Business MasterCard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here
Citi Platinum Select Visa. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months.$95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 40,000 miles after $3k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Business Mastercard. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months.
Citi Personal Platinum Select. 35,000 miles after $1.5k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived first year. Landing page available here.

Citi Gold AA World Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months.
$50 annual fee,waived 1st year.

Citi Business Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year. Landing page available here.
Citi Platinum Select Mastercard. 30,000 miles after $1k spend in 3 months. $95 annual fee, waived 1st year.

Citi Gold AA Visa Signature Card. 25,000 miles after $750 spend in 4 months. $50 annual fee,waived 1st year. Landing page available here

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

CitiBank Phone Numbers. (Please add the others that you know)
  • (800) 695-5171 – Personal Application Status and Reconsideration Line with live rep
  • (800) 763-9795 – General Personal Application Inquiries with live rep
  • (800) 645-7240 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (800) 288-4653 – Business Application Status and Reconsideration Line, dial option 3 then option 1 for application status
  • (866) 606-2787 – General Application and Account Questions with live rep
  • (888) 201-4523 – Application status
  • (866) 606-2961 – Reconsideration Line.
  • Twitter : @AskCiti. Very powerful tool.

FAQ

1. Are these cards churnable?
Yes, they are. BUT you’ll have to wait anywhere from 12 to 26 months before applying again. Approvals have happened at the 13 month mark and denials at 24.
There is no set 18 month rule, but always err on the side of caution when churning.
Also- it’s from DATE OF APPROVAL and not from date of cancellation.

2.What are the most current rules in applying for these cards?
#ONLY ONE APPLICATION in a day (make that 30 hours to be safe)
#No more than 2 apps in 65 (approximately) days.
Example:
Day 1 40K personal platinum
Day 2 or later 25-30K personal gold
65+ days later 40K business

While the day limits are a little flexible by a few days either way and YMMV, the rules themselves are not flexible.

3. How long does it take for the Admiral passes to arrive?
For the better part, it takes about 3 months. This is not a set number, and some have received theirs sooner.It's been deduced that the passes are handled by a 3rd party that mails them in batches. Please don’t call Citi for the passes, because you’ll mostly find a CSR who doesn't know better and will give you wrong information.

4. Can I apply for a business card if I don’t have a business?
Technically, you can. But you may be asked for a 4506-T form, or to provide proof of business or/and a copy of a bill with your business name on it. If you don't already have a credit history for the business name you plan to use (meaning this is your first rodeo) then it is recommended you use your name as the business name with no income and 0 as years in business.

5. How do I get the statement credit?
First, you have to make sure if the offer you signed up for gave you A $150 credit or UP TO A $150 statement credit. For the 1st, any AA coded purchase ($50 AA GC seems to be the simplest option here) will/should trigger it. For the 2nd, you’ll have to spend $150 to get the $150 credit.
For more information on what will work and what won’t, please see here (thanks sdsearch) and here (thanks dogbyte)

6. Does the $150 account credit (for AA purchases using the VISA or AMEX) count against the spending required to receive the initial mileage bonus?
No. It does not. (Put differently: any account credit you receive has no impact on your spending total for purposes of earning the "X thousand miles for $Y spent in the first Z months" bonus.)

7. Can I buy Visa gift cards to meet my minimum spend?
There’s a very good chance that it’ll be coded as a cash advance.
It’s recommended to call citi and have them set your Cash Advance limit to zero. (thanks KennyBSAT)

8. Do I get 10% back when redeeming miles for awards?
It depends. First, the rebate program (which began in April 2012) applies only to holders of these cards:
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage Visa Signature
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World MasterCard
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard
  • Citi Select AAdvantage American Express
It does not apply if you hold only the Citi Gold World MasterCard.

Also, the maximum rebate for any cardholder in a single calendar year is 10,000 miles. Having more than one qualifying Citi AA card will not allow you to receive a larger rebate; the restriction applies per AAdvantage account.

9. At what locations are my one day Club passes valid?
All valid locations are listed here.
Print Wikipost

Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2013, 7:09 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
Originally Posted by Pencegeri
The spend requirement is huge for the full 60,000 bonus points here https://creditcards.citicards.com/us...9B949AD414F10E but has any one tried this offer lately?
$36,000 extra spend for 30K more AA miles within 24 months. Factor in $95 for 2nd year af. No thanks!!

I rather take the $36K in extra spend and apply for lots of other CC's with large signup bonuses! Definitely marketed to very large spenders and/or uninformed consumers.

Good luck trying to use AA miles for saver awards. Not nearly as available as before. I know how to redeem them for saver awards but one has to be very flexible! Difficult for 2 or more pax on same itinerary.

My relatives would rather use US Bank Flex awards. Much easier for them. I do not care for that program but my wife & I got $350 in GC's (each) out of the Olympics promo.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 7:22 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Hertz 5 star, Priceline Hotel bidder. AA PLT, 1MM.
AA Biz cards came today!

Wife got her AA biz cards in the mail today. I had her put me down as an employee.

Wife got phone call wanting my SS# for my employee card. I refused the request and had her tell the phone agent I refused. I told them that my address is sufficient. They said they would use her SS# (social security #)for my employee card. (she did not give her SS# over the phone so it was not a spoof call!)

We do not give out our SS#'s unless it is essential. (income taxes (federal & state), employment apps, credit apps we initiate, etc).

We ask for alternate paths for not giving our SS#. One example: We recently changed cable companies and we went down to the local cable office. They wanted us to prepay the first months bill on a major CC (on a 5x points CC ) and verify ID by her driver's license. Easily done!! We know if they want a SS# for most things, a hard pull may be done!

We all know that hard pulls reduce credit scores!!
Old Mar 28, 2013, 8:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Originally Posted by kmandrew
If I had to guess I think they said 2 miles per dollar on AA purchases not all purchases.
You're probably right and in that case, that part is not exciting
Old Mar 28, 2013, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by no1cub17
Links to Personal Visa and Amex in post 1 link #1 aren't working for me. Anyone else having this issue?
Hasn't been working for a week or so . Gotta read the last few pages

Use the one in #2
Old Mar 28, 2013, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by kmandrew
I kind of like this offer, fee waived first year. If you can do 37k in spending the first year you will get 97k miles with no fee. That is a Business Class Saver ticket to Europe, probably worth $4k.
max 30,000miles so it's 30000+30000=60,000 in all
Old Mar 28, 2013, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by whynotnow
Hasn't been working for a week or so . Gotta read the last few pages

Use the one in #2
The business application in link #1 still work.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 5:29 am

It makes me sad the AMEX link is going. My next cycle would've been AMEX, gold and biz.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Feng Lu
max 30,000miles so it's 30000+30000=60,000 in all
The other 37K miles come from the acutal $37k spend.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 6:52 am

Just applied about 10 mins ago. Used link #2 for Personal Visa and was approved with a chat session that took about 13 mins. Verified my name, on line confirmation #, and moved credit from another card (which is a no fee card I have had since 1986 and do not use currently). The world of points and miles is still active and working fine. This is the first time I have used a thread and read most of the posts. Even I was able to get the info I needed to get the best deal (for me) that I saw available. THANKS TO ALL on this thread that posted. Looking forward to being more active and part of the community in the future.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: DL PLT, AMEX Gold, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, SPG, USAir, AA Select,
The Business Visa Link #1 on first post IS still working, if anyone is wondering.

I applied a week ago, was approved online, and got my card yesterday.
50k miles with 3k spend in 4 months, $150 voucher good for a year, Y2 fee will be $85 (if I keep it). CL ws 20 k, but I reduced that to 10k when I activated it yesterday.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by GRIZMANfromJAPAN
Just applied about 10 mins ago. Used link #2 for Personal Visa and was approved with a chat session that took about 13 mins. Verified my name, on line confirmation #, and moved credit from another card (which is a no fee card I have had since 1986 and do not use currently). The world of points and miles is still active and working fine. This is the first time I have used a thread and read most of the posts. Even I was able to get the info I needed to get the best deal (for me) that I saw available. THANKS TO ALL on this thread that posted. Looking forward to being more active and part of the community in the future.
You mean link from Group 2 (50K after 2500 spend in 4 months)?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 10:19 am

Follow up to a post I had earlier. After being declined 4 times in the past 3 months for Citi cards because of too many inquires I wrote a letter to their office as some blogs have recommended. I received a call today saying they reviewed my report and because of my "credit performance" they have approved me. Note that they said performance - I've never had a late payment.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:27 am

It looks like the AA CitiBusiness card is no longer churnable due to a few data points I'm seeing? I opened the account Dec 2010 and the account has been closed since Feb 2011.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:50 pm

data point: I had reported that my husband's application on february to 1 personal, 1 business citi aadvantage cards had not been both instantly approved. The business was instantly approved, the personal was not. after a few back and forth, with letters to their SD executive offices and phone calls, the personal credit card was still denied. The explanation: applied for a citi card within the last 60 days. so even if one was a business card and the other a personal, citi now counts each application separately and will not approve more than one within 60 days.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by marianagiraudo
data point: I had reported that my husband's application on february to 1 personal, 1 business citi aadvantage cards had not been both instantly approved. The business was instantly approved, the personal was not. after a few back and forth, with letters to their SD executive offices and phone calls, the personal credit card was still denied. The explanation: applied for a citi card within the last 60 days. so even if one was a business card and the other a personal, citi now counts each application separately and will not approve more than one within 60 days.
One application within 60 days rule is new. I was planning to apply for 1 personal and then 1 business the next day, but it seems that option is gone now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.