Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Managing multiple Citi cards with fewest online accounts [Consolidated].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2013, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. Which co-branded Citi cards require their own separate username/account?
A. The following:
Bloomingdale's Credit Card
CITGO Credit Card
ExxonMobil MasterCard®
Macy's Credit Card
Phillips 66®-Conoco®-76TM MasterCard®
Phillips 66®-Conoco®-76TM Platinum MasterCard®
Sears Card
Shell MasterCard® from Citi Cards®
Sunoco® MasterCard
The Home Depot
Q. That's wildly inconvenient. Isn't there way to combine all of my cards under one login?
A. Yes. If you have a Citi checking or savings account, you can link all of the various Citi cards to it, thus combining all cards under one master login.

Q. How do I add a credit card to my current Citi account? (non-banking customers)
  1. Activate a new card by phone or online (if online, do not create a new online account)
  2. Log in to your main Citi personal account online
  3. Click "Profile & Settings"
  4. Click "Link/Unlink a Credit Card"
  5. Under "Link Account: Enter Information" select "Credit Card" from the drop-down under "Account Type:"
  6. Enter the "Credit Card Account Number" and click "Next", then follow any remaining prompts.
Print Wikipost

Managing multiple Citi cards with fewest online accounts [Consolidated].

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2013, 7:42 pm

Took 1 phones and 2 pm's for me to close my TY preferred online account and merge it with my checking/saving, Forward, AA Visa login.
Old Apr 8, 2013, 9:32 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
3 Citi log ins here too

I have Universal Card, Hilton Reserve and Prestige, none of which can share a common user ID. From reading a past post, and perhaps I am reading it wrong, but IF I did have a Citi checking acct, I might have been able to link all with one consolidated log in.

Oh well. Pain: Yes.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, Thank You Citi Rewards
I'm able to link my Citi CashReturns cards with my Thankyou Credit Cards. My Citi Hilton Card has it's on page still though... It's a real hassle to check balances and pay bills but I guess it is what it is!
Old Apr 29, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: Any program with a credit card, or good prices.
I thought my account was hacked, turned out to be this.

Agent said:
Hilton has to be by itself
AA and Thankyou an be another account
But AA business needs to be a third account

But I swear I had everything except the AA business card linked and maybe it all fell apart when I did the business card...
Old Apr 29, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: Southwest, United, Marriott
I have three cards on one account (Forward, Diamond Preferred, Simplicity) and the Hilton on the 2nd.

Pretty lame that you can't link them all, but I have 7 Chase cards ALL on one account....
Old Nov 8, 2013, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by AmexCent
You cannot link Citi AA with Citi HHonors with the same user ID if you only have CC with Citi. However, if you have a Citi bank account (checking, savings etc.), then you can link any CC with this bank account using only one user ID (the one the bank account uses).
What happens if you then close your bank account?
Old Nov 8, 2013, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fr33b13
What happens if you then close your bank account?
You lose access to that user id and log in as it is based on the banking product, not the card products. So you lose access to your cards, too unless you re-register them and then you would be just like others who dont have the bank account.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta PM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Etihad Gold, Amtrak Select
Didn't know this wasn't possible for my Citi accounts. Stupidly wasted 30+ minutes with CSR (note to self: always search FT first!)...

BUT, the CSR manager I spoke with said this might change in the near future! Not sure how much he knows about this or if this is even true, but hopefully it is... It's annoying as #%^$ to have two (or three) accounts.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Starwood Gold, Hertz Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat., BFD
Originally Posted by luggagebin
Didn't know this wasn't possible for my Citi accounts. Stupidly wasted 30+ minutes with CSR (note to self: always search FT first!)...

BUT, the CSR manager I spoke with said this might change in the near future! Not sure how much he knows about this or if this is even true, but hopefully it is... It's annoying as #%^$ to have two (or three) accounts.
Don't hold your breath waiting for them to integrate the different platforms. They've been telling me "It's coming soon" for several years now...
Old Jan 22, 2015, 6:24 pm

Linking a CitiBusiness AAdvantage card to primary Citi account

I have a user/pass for a Citi account I've had for a long time and recently acquired two additional Citi AAdvantage cards: an Platinum Select, and a CitiBusiness Platinum Select.

Had no problem linking the Platinum Select but the CitiBusiness Platinum Select won't link up; is it because it's a business card and requires a separate Citi login? I don't get any error message, it just takes me back to step 1 every time I enter the card number and hit the Next button.

Anyone else experience this? I'm open to contacting Citi (obviously!) but always prefer FlyerTalk's wisdom first.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 5:21 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by sac86738
I have a user/pass for a Citi account I've had for a long time and recently acquired two additional Citi AAdvantage cards: an Platinum Select, and a CitiBusiness Platinum Select.

Had no problem linking the Platinum Select but the CitiBusiness Platinum Select won't link up; is it because it's a business card and requires a separate Citi login? I don't get any error message, it just takes me back to step 1 every time I enter the card number and hit the Next button.

Anyone else experience this? I'm open to contacting Citi (obviously!) but always prefer FlyerTalk's wisdom first.
IME, the answer to your bolded question is yes. I had difficulty linking it to either my personal login or to my existing login for bank accounts for the same business.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 6:19 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
If it's like Chase you may need to call in and have the biz and personal online accounts merged.
Old Jan 23, 2015, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by FindAWay
IME, the answer to your bolded question is yes. I had difficulty linking it to either my personal login or to my existing login for bank accounts for the same business.
Thanks. I also have a Hilton card with Citi that had the same thing happen; I had to create a separate login--a pain, but manageable with LastPass--I'll give them a call and see what can be done to combine accounts. It just makes things a lot easier to have it all in one place when I'm updating YNAB (the best budgeting tool ever built!).

Last edited by sac86738; Jan 23, 2015 at 1:46 pm Reason: Remove referral link
Old Jan 28, 2015, 11:33 am

HHonors, Aadvantage, and Biz all require their own login. If you have a Citi bank account you can link your personal cards to the same login. Citi's IT systems are so archaic.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:42 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Superorb
HHonors, Aadvantage, and Biz all require their own login. .
Personal AAdvantage cards can be on the same login as ThankYou cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.