Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Citi | ThankYou Rewards
Reload this Page >

Managing multiple Citi cards with fewest online accounts [Consolidated].

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2013, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. Which co-branded Citi cards require their own separate username/account?
A. The following:
Bloomingdale's Credit Card
CITGO Credit Card
ExxonMobil MasterCard®
Macy's Credit Card
Phillips 66®-Conoco®-76TM MasterCard®
Phillips 66®-Conoco®-76TM Platinum MasterCard®
Sears Card
Shell MasterCard® from Citi Cards®
Sunoco® MasterCard
The Home Depot
Q. That's wildly inconvenient. Isn't there way to combine all of my cards under one login?
A. Yes. If you have a Citi checking or savings account, you can link all of the various Citi cards to it, thus combining all cards under one master login.

Q. How do I add a credit card to my current Citi account? (non-banking customers)
  1. Activate a new card by phone or online (if online, do not create a new online account)
  2. Log in to your main Citi personal account online
  3. Click "Profile & Settings"
  4. Click "Link/Unlink a Credit Card"
  5. Under "Link Account: Enter Information" select "Credit Card" from the drop-down under "Account Type:"
  6. Enter the "Credit Card Account Number" and click "Next", then follow any remaining prompts.
Print Wikipost

Managing multiple Citi cards with fewest online accounts [Consolidated].

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:42 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by sdsearch
If you're not familiar with Citi, you may not realize that unlike most other banks, Citi does not allow most people to have all of their different of cards under one online login. I'm not familiar with Prestige, so I can't be sure, but it's quote possible you may need to establish a different online account for the Prestige card than for the AA card. (All AA cards, should you later get others, can be under one online account. Presumably all Citi TYP cards, should you later get others, can be under another one online account. QUOTE]

Citi does allow you to use the same login for their AA and Prestige cards. However, you must create a different login for the Citi Hilton cards.
Hmm. This conversation is very interesting to me, because I have AA Visa, AA Amex, Citi Prestige, Citi Premier, and Citi Hilton cards all under the same log in. I just got the Hilton card, and I recall the process to add it to my log in being somewhat obscure, but it was definitely possible.

The only the time I've had to create a new log in is for a Business account; I did try everything I could and I definitely had to create a separate log in at that time. (There was also a point at which I wasn't allowed to set up auto-pay on a business account, which was totally stupid, but I think that's been changed.)

Last edited by mia; Jan 29, 2016 at 5:55 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:47 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler

Hmm. This conversation is very interesting to me, because I have AA Visa, AA Amex, Citi Prestige, Citi Premier, and Citi Hilton cards all under the same log in. I just got the Hilton card, and I recall the process to add it to my log in being somewhat obscure, but it was definitely possible.
My experience goes back two years ago when I was unable to add my Citi Hilton Reserve to the same login as AA and Prestige. I called and was told this by the CSR. I thought it odd at the time. Perhaps since then they have changed that. I will have to try and add my Hilton card to my other login, It would be great to have them all on the same page as just about every other bank allows. I will post whether I am successful.

Last edited by mia; Jan 29, 2016 at 5:56 pm Reason: Formatting
Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:50 pm

Programs: Milege+, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
If you have the same login for AA and Prestige, do you still get a "view my miles" link on the right of your Accounts Summary which takes you to the spend bonus tracker for AA? And do you also get a "view my Thank You Points" link too in that same Accounts Summary too?

The only Thank You Points card I have is the AT&T Universal Card, and that requires yet a third login (from the AA and Hilton cards). So that's why I don't understand how looking at your earnings works if you have a combined login for cards that earn different types of rewards (AA miles vs TYP, etc) at Citi.
Yes I am able to click a link to my AA miles that is next to that account, and I am able to click on a link to my TY Points that is next to the Prestige.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AsiaTraveler

The only the time I've had to create a new log in is for a Business account; I did try everything I could and I definitely had to create a separate log in at that time. (There was also a point at which I wasn't allowed to set up auto-pay on a business account, which was totally stupid, but I think that's been changed.)
Do you have a Citi Gold account? I've heard that only those with a Citi Gold account can have all their Citi cards under one login.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by eajusa
My experience goes back two years ago when I was unable to add my Citi Hilton Reserve to the same login as AA and Prestige. I called and was told this by the CSR. I thought it odd at the time. Perhaps since then they have changed that. I will have to try and add my Hilton card to my other login, It would be great to have them all on the same page as just about every other bank allows. I will post whether I am successful.
Last summer I linked my Premier and Hilton card and broke my Citi login. I had to call Citi to unbreak it and they told me they couldn't be combined.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 6:16 pm

Do you have a Citi Gold account? I've heard that only those with a Citi Gold account can have all their Citi cards under one login.
What happens if the CitoGold account is closed or downgraded?
Old Feb 2, 2016, 11:36 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Superorb
What happens if the CitoGold account is closed or downgraded?
Nothing yet.

Although note: even with CitiGold, you can't consolidate personal and business CCs into the same login.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Richard Berg
Nothing yet.

Although note: even with CitiGold, you can't consolidate personal and business CCs into the same login.
So the CG account will disappear and will leave behind all personal cards under a single login?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Those of you who have all (personal) cards in a single account, can you control the order in which they're displayed?

I find it annoying that on the Citi AA personal card site, or the Citi HH card site, you can only specify which card gets displayed first, but you can't control the order the rest of the cards get displayed. I have some cancelled cards I don't want to remove yet, and those display above my other non-cancelled cards , and I haven't been able to figure out a way to change that.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 3:24 pm

So the CG account will disappear and will leave behind all personal cards under a single login?
Login #1 has CG + all my personal cards. Login #2 has the business cards. I assume business checking accounts would also get slotted under #2, if I cared to open any.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 11:15 am

Login #1 has CG + all my personal cards. Login #2 has the business cards. I assume business checking accounts would also get slotted under #2, if I cared to open any.
Yes, but what if the CG account is closed? You need $50k in there to keep the $30 fee waived and the interest is terrible. Once I get the 50k AAdvantage points I'm closing/downgrading.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:18 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Nope, and I've never had one.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:47 am

Yes, but what if the CG account is closed? You need $50k in there to keep the $30 fee waived and the interest is terrible. Once I get the 50k AAdvantage points I'm closing/downgrading.
I downgraded CG -> Basic last month, removing all but the $1.5K minimum. Logins haven't changed.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:26 pm

I downgraded CG -> Basic last month, removing all but the $1.5K minimum. Logins haven't changed.
Thanks. Don't know if I want to park $1,500 just to have a single login for personal cards.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:55 pm

That's what, $1/month in opportunity cost at today's interest rates?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.