Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?

[1] What are the most current working links?

There is a standard offer for 50K points after $1K spend in 4 months. (No landing page is available for this offer; lnik taken from wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html.)

There are no known 60K offers available. The most recent one expired in late September 2014.

[2] Is this card churnable?
In the past, this card has been easily churnable. However, in December 2014 Citi began inserting language into some applications and landing pages disqualifying current Hilton Visa cardholders & requiring an 18-month wait from the date of the previous card's cancellation. The application link listed above does not include this restriction, and FTers have confirmed that they have been approved through this application despite being current or recent holders of another Citi Hilton card.

[3] How frequently can I apply for these cards?
You can only apply for ONE Citi card in a week or TWO in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between ANY two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of ANY kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60 days (65+) from your second application to your 4th applications, and so forth.

If math is not your strong suit, you can use: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html.

Example:
Day 0 - Citi HHonors Card #1
Day 8 - Citi AA Personal Card
Day 65 - Citi AA Business Card
Day 73 - Citi HHonors Card #2
Day 130 - Citi TY Card

[4] Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
Not if you use the application link above. As stated above, in December 2014 Citi began introducing new application pages requiring an 18-month wait since cancellation of the prior card.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand.

[5] I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?
There appears to be a problem with Citi crediting you with both bonuses but Hilton not crediting the second bonus because their system sees it as a duplicate.

You need to open up a case, preferably with Hilton, and explain that you have two separate cards (feel free to explain one is for business and one for personal if they ask why you have multiple cards and you feel like explaining). You also need to diligently check back with them and make sure that they do not close the case as you already got the bonus.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Depending on who you talk to and where, this can be a relatively short process or a particularly unpleasant and long one. Best advice: Be nice to the CSRs and get them on your side or HUACA until you find someone useful.

For some people it may be worth getting the 50K card instead, possibly trying to "bump the bonus" to 60K and getting it as a 10K adjustment instead.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2012, 2:07 pm

Programs: US Silver, AA Gold
Anybody get the bonus after $1,000 spend? My statement closed yesterday for $1,0XX. I received ~52,000 points today. I went over briefly, but had a refund post for ~$2,000, but that is reflected on the statement and I was not given 2 pts/$ for that. Did I get the bonus since I went over temporarily? Will they take them back if I don't hit the spend by my next statement?

Thanks
Old May 12, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
applied today, was not instantly approved, called reconsideration line (866-606-2787) and was told to call on Tuesday.

We'll see what happens. I was rejected in JAN for the BofA/HA cards due to too many app pulls, hopefully this goes through.

I also applied for the UA club card today
Old May 13, 2012, 11:55 am

I applied using the 50,000 points link w/ 2 browsers last week and got my cards in the mail yesterday with no problems. $8,200 limit on both.
Old May 14, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
data point:

Denied for the CITI hilton (more than 7 inquiries in the past 6 months)

Anyone have any luck overturning those?

I had my experian report pulled, which always gets denied when pulled. I loath experian.

I got approved for the Chase UA club card though (applied same day)
Old May 15, 2012, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Kadence
I applied using the 50,000 points link w/ 2 browsers last week and got my cards in the mail yesterday with no problems. $8,200 limit on both.
I do not understand...using 2 browsers for the same link? Or there are two links for different two 50,000 offers? Thank you in advance!
Old May 15, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by andrewleen
I do not understand...using 2 browsers for the same link? Or there are two links for different two 50,000 offers? Thank you in advance!
Two browsers using the same link
Old May 15, 2012, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by booyaa
Two browsers using the same link
Thanks a lot! If this is the case, can we apply for two AA visa instead of one visa, one AMEX so that later on we can apply for two AA AMEX? I am new here...
Old May 15, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Thanks a lot! If this is the case, can we apply for two AA visa instead of one visa, one AMEX so that later on we can apply for two AA AMEX? I am new here...
Nope. AA cards work different.
Old May 17, 2012, 8:01 pm

To Citi there are three kinds of cars: Business, Personal, and Hilton. You can only apply for 2 cards of any type every 60+ days. In addition, you must wait 90 days between business apps. The AA personal cards have a "new user" clause that requires you to wait 18-24 months between personal AA cards (unless you apply for two at the same time). The AA Business cards do not have that issue, nor do the HHonors cards.
Old May 17, 2012, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Correct, from application.

Yes, both cards had her HHonors number on them, already made the spend on both, just waiting for the next statement.
And two times 50K arrived yesterday and today. Score!

Ike
Old May 18, 2012, 9:25 pm

Where is the link for 50K points?
Old May 19, 2012, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by james0071
Where is the link for 50K points?
In threads like this, if you don't see a link on the last page or two, always check the first page, esp post #1. In this case, it's in the latter.

Welcome to FT!
Old May 19, 2012, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
In threads like this, if you don't see a link on the last page or two, always check the first page, esp post #1. In this case, it's in the latter.

Welcome to FT!
Thanks I will use the link on post#1.
Old May 22, 2012, 2:22 pm

Programs: Delta Silver
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
And two times 50K arrived yesterday and today. Score!

Ike
I followed your lead. Through Creditboards.com (creditboards.com/forums/index.php?app=creditpulls) I saw Citi pulls Transunion in Washington State (they did also did this for my AA Citi cards), which is important because my Equifax and Experian have too many pulls at the moment (Chase pulls Equifax in WA). With space on Transunion I applied for 2X50K cards using two browsers. Instantly approved for both for a total of 100K Hilton points, and was given only one hard pull on my Transunion.

Thanks guys.
Old May 22, 2012, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaSilverBoy
I followed your lead. Through Creditboards.com (creditboards.com/forums/index.php?app=creditpulls) I saw Citi pulls Transunion in Washington State (they did also did this for my AA Citi cards), which is important because my Equifax and Experian have too many pulls at the moment (Chase pulls Equifax in WA). With space on Transunion I applied for 2X50K cards using two browsers. Instantly approved for both for a total of 100K Hilton points, and was given only one hard pull on my Transunion.

Thanks guys.
Awesome! Congrats! Man, I wish they pulled TU here instead of Experian.

Ike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.