Does Choice do Status Match?

Old Oct 19, 2008, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Does Choice do Status Match?

I'm holding Priority Club Platinum, Best Western Diamond, Marriott Silver Status.

Does anyone know if choice will match my status to Choice Diamond??

How to do that?

Markus
Old Oct 20, 2008, 7:15 pm

Programs: Choice Privlidges Elite Diamond- 120+ Choice Privileges nights/year, Delta, UA
Choice doesn't do any status matching that I have ever seen. Do hotels do this on a regular basis?

Russ
Old Oct 26, 2008, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
any luck OP?
Old Oct 27, 2008, 1:24 am
Original Poster

sent the fax last week. nothing happened until now.

keep you updated!
Old Oct 27, 2008, 10:16 am

I am not sure status is worth much. Sure you get 10% or 25% point bonus. But, that is about it. Upgrades? I never received one. Anyone else?
Old Oct 27, 2008, 8:27 pm

Programs: Choice Privlidges Elite Diamond- 120+ Choice Privileges nights/year, Delta, UA
Originally Posted by fetchem
I am not sure status is worth much. Sure you get 10% or 25% point bonus. But, that is about it. Upgrades? I never received one. Anyone else?
I have received upgrades quite a few times with choice hotels because of my status I presume. When I say upgrades I mean booked standard room and received a king suite or sometimes hottub suite. Only happens when hotels not near capacity though.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Exec Plt 2MM, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, disgruntled Amex Ex-Centurion
I don't believe that status with Choice is worth much, just as Priority Club Platinum is completely worthless (I do have PP Platinum and just list it under "Assorted Junk Memberships in my profile"). Heck, I will end the year with 9 nights at Choice and don't even consider investing the money for an additional night that would take me to Gold.

If you care for status benefits, try HHonors (very good at Gold Level) or Starwood (brilliant at Platinum, otherwise Ho-Hum).
Old Dec 23, 2008, 1:49 am
Original Poster

I already have HH Gold and SPG Gold, PC Plat.
I thought I have some upcoming stays at Choice and wanted to get the Elite-Goodies.

Anyway, changed the hotel to CP and HI.

Regards,
Markus
Old Dec 23, 2008, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The biggest Choice Diamond benefit, IMHO, is being able to book 90 days in advance on awards.
Old Dec 25, 2008, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
I agree, status with Choice is not valuable at all. Especially since they don't care to persue issues about properties not folllowing the program. I wrote about one property that stated flat out they do not upgrade Diamonds. Choice's response was it is up to the guest to deal with the property, and this was from a "Director"? Choice has become LAST Choice for me and I do over 300 nights a year!
Old Dec 25, 2008, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Exec Plt 2MM, HH Diamond, *wood Gold, disgruntled Amex Ex-Centurion
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I agree, status with Choice is not valuable at all. Especially since they don't care to persue issues about properties not folllowing the program. I wrote about one property that stated flat out they do not upgrade Diamonds. Choice's response was it is up to the guest to deal with the property, and this was from a "Director"? Choice has become LAST Choice for me and I do over 300 nights a year!
I agree mostly, except with the last statement. Choice is not my LAST choice. I prefer Choice over many Holiday Inn (Express or otherwise), so I basically work like this:

What is the rate for Hilton / Starwood / ICH Group / Choice? (Compare all their brands)

Do I know the property?

What are the amenities of the hotel?

Where do I want/need nights credited?

Taking all this into consideration, I make my choice.

For example, when I needed a room near Seattle last month and had the choice between paying at least $120 at a Hampton Inn (any other Hilton Group Hotel was much higher) or paying $75 with full breakfast at the quite acceptable Clarion in Federal Way, it was a no brainer for the Clarion, even though I prefer Hilton.
Old May 17, 2010, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any update on this?

I just bought a bunch of Choice points on the Daily Getaways promo, and I wouldn't mind having some elite status. The benefits seem minimal, but having a few extra days to book some award stays would be worth a phone call or email for me. Anyone ever get a status match?
Old May 17, 2010, 3:05 pm
ski

During the Continental to Amtrak to Choice to Southwest promo for some, fiasco for others, I faxed Choice twice for match to Starwood platinum and never got a response, they said no when I called, but YMMV and that was 2008, I think.
Old Jun 1, 2010, 2:25 pm

You can often get upgrades with the same amount of Choice points, unlike other programs. Elite status does not worth too much.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 10:25 pm

I am actually in the process of trying to get a status match from PC PLat to Choice now. I emailed to ask and the response was a request to see a current statement to show my platinum status with PC. We'll see what happens. I used to stay at Choice properties more often, but the company I'm with now typically books books us into IHG or Hiltons.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.