Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Little League rate

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2009, 8:30 am
Suspended

If I use the little league rate for a stay, will the stay still count towards the stay 3 earn 14,000 choice points?
Old Aug 1, 2009, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pigbill
If I use the little league rate for a stay, will the stay still count towards the stay 3 earn 14,000 choice points?
Yes, I got the bonus, always using that rate.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Thank you.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you book online.

Remember that the rate is not the main issue in the latest promos, it's restriction on how to book.

So the same rate may qualify for the promo if booked online and yet not qualify if booked directly with the hotel.

See:

http://www.choicehotels.com/summerpr...i.qw9zSgp7qi.2

where it says:

"Bookings must be made at choicehotels.com or 800.4CHOICE"

I mention this because the links on the first page of this thread mention other ways of booking the Little League Rate, but it's not clear (including from Rove312's post) whether anyone (especially a non-Choice-elite*) has gotten this current bonus when not booking one of the two ways I just mentioned.

(*In the past -- tho I can't remember if for this current promo -- Choice has informed that as a Diamond Elite I'm exempt from the booking requirement mentioned on the offiicial promo page. So just because a Diamand Elite or Plaitnum Elite tells you booking with a hotel directly worked for the promo, that still doesn't mean it would work for someone who doesn't have such status.)
Old Aug 15, 2009, 2:33 pm
Suspended

The Little League Rate is now gone from the website. When you click on it all it does it bring up a new promotion but no longer offers a discount on the room rate.

Anyone have the SOS number associated to it? I do but it is at home and I am on the road for another 9 days or so.
Old Aug 15, 2009, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Little League Rate is now gone from the website. When you click on it all it does it bring up a new promotion but no longer offers a discount on the room rate.

Anyone have the SOS number associated to it?
The links with it are already in the thread...
http://www.choicesportstravel.com/littleLeague.jsp
http://www.choicesportstravel.com/pd...vings_card.pdf

Your other option...
Are you a fan of the LPGA?
Same discount: http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/Choice-lpga
Old Sep 23, 2009, 8:52 pm

Programs: IHG RA, MR Plat, AA EXP
I've always gotten points and stay credit
Old Feb 24, 2010, 8:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
It appears that they have disabled the rate now. The new website lets you enter it but it won't let you book anything with it.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pmaddock
It appears that they have disabled the rate now. The new website lets you enter it but it won't let you book anything with it.
Hmmh...don't see any LPGA rates loaded, either.

I guess it's AAA or the Internet User's rate (now available only via a special link http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-...d=SKqvGBBjtuKz or ID 00803210). They're just 10%, though.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soitgoes
Hmmh...don't see any LPGA rates loaded, either.
Ahha..one of the LPGA rates still works (15% off):
www.choicehotels.com/lpgavip
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by soitgoes
Ahha..one of the LPGA rates still works (15% off):
www.choicehotels.com/lpgavip

Yes, that one still works but it remains 'flaky' - it seems to always let you enter it but it frequently doesn't have any availability when you click on the hotel and then does when you try at a later time.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

If you go to the LPGA VIP link, then the Choice Privileges link, it says "Since you're a VIP member of the LPGA, your Choice Privileges LPGA membership status has been upgraded to Elite Gold, which entitles you to a 10% Choice Privileges point bonus!" After logging into Choice, there's no such status, but a promise of a 15% discount using the URL ending lpga without vip.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pmaddock
Yes, that one still works but it remains 'flaky' - it seems to always let you enter it but it frequently doesn't have any availability when you click on the hotel and then does when you try at a later time.
I've found I have to use a tedious (but seemingly reliable) workaround to book SOS (Signficant Organization Savings) rates, because of a cookie bug Choice's web pages have.

The procedure: In each login "session", clear all the hotel brand-specific cookies (comfortinn.com, comfortsuites.com, sleepinn.com, qualityinn.com, etc). Do this anytime between logging in and click on the link to see the rooms at a specific property. (You only have to do this for the brands you might be looking at during that "session"; ie, if you know you won't be looking at any Sleep Inn's, it doesn't matter whether you clear the sleepinn.com cookie or not.)

When you do a search for properties, you are still at the Choice Hotels website, and there I've not seen cookies problems. But the moment you click on the link to see the rooms at a specific property, it sends you to the brand-specific web site, and those have problems with cookies. Typically for me (and I know others), if you've had a "recent enough" session where you've gone (or been sent to) that brand-specific site, it'll log you out immediately, and since you're now logged out, you can no longer see the rates for the SOS code you just entered while logged in! The only reliable way I've found to keep that from happening is to clear the cookies for the brand-specific site I'm going to before I go to it.

Sometimes you can avoid this bug by luck, but it appears to be random. If it's been a short enough time since your last login "session", or a long enough time, this bug may not occur, but "medium" time (like about a day ago!) hits me every time.

This bug has been around for many months (on both the old and new website).

In Firefox: Options : Privacy : clear individual cookies

(Sorry, I don't tend to use IE for this, so I'm not sure how to clear individual cookies in IE.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 27, 2010 at 12:42 pm Reason: added how to clear individual cookies in Firefox
Old Feb 27, 2010, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hy-Vee Fuel Saver
Originally Posted by sdsearch
(Sorry, I don't tend to use IE for this, so I'm not sure how to clear individual cookies in IE.)
If anyone wants to do this in IE8: Tools - Internet Options - General - Browser history - Settings - View Files. Select the cookie, right-click, choose delete. Use the search box in the upper right to find a particular cookie easily.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 12:08 pm

Hi, just wanted to double check and see if anyone can confirm using the LPGA discount code would not affect your ability to earn points or miles including the current 8000 point 2 night stay promotion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.