Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choice credit card question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Choice credit card question

Hi so my account gets lucrative Choice credit card offer for sign up bonus. But I am not doing any more credit cards at the moment. Can I click on the link on my email and have my household member apply for it and still get the bonus? The offer email was sent by Choice hotels not Barclay. When I pasted the link to the incognito mode, it goes to the application page and I am still seeing the big welcome bonus.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:16 am

How lucrative? 32,000 points is the standard bonus that anybody can get anytime - you wouldn't need to go through a special link. If it's more than that, well, I would think that as long as the page that you apply through shows the higher bonus, it shouldn't matter who applies. That's just a guess though. Good luck, and take screenshots!
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:15 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
Doctorofcredit has a link for a 64,000 point bonus. 32k after 1k spend and 32k more points after 2k more spend in the first 6 months.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Blind and Green
Doctorofcredit has a link for a 64,000 point bonus. 32k after 1k spend and 32k more points after 2k more spend in the first 6 months.
Yeah, just saw that this morning. Wow! Now I wish I'd waited to apply. Got my Choice card with the 32K in April.

So, I guess that answers the OP's question - based on DOC's post, the offer doesn't appear to be targeted (link here: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...3&cellNumber=5), so his wife should be able to receive the bonus with no problem.

I just hope this doesn't mean there's a devaluation coming - Choice has been awfully generous with their promotions lately...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.