Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

ChoiceHotels "Senior" Discount Has Changed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2001, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: 1MM BIS. Former 18-year segment 1K, 1997-2014...now just a distant memory.

In the past, have stayed at several ChoiceHotels properties under their "seniors discount", which provideed a 30% discount off the prevailing room rate, not the very inflated rack rate.

Formerly the 30% discount was available for people aged 50 plus. Called tonight for a senior discount in Raleigh, NC airport area, and was advised that you now have to be 60 or over to get the 30% discount. Over 50 now only gives a 10% discount. Goodbye!
Old Sep 19, 2001, 9:57 am

I would just tell them you want the 'over 60' senior 30% discount, then when you showup at the Hotel to checkin, just show them your AARP card and nobody will ever question it.

(To become an AARP member, you only need to be 50. The cost is $10/year. see: http://www.aarp.com/join/ )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.