Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reasons why CHOICE sucks!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2001, 11:55 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EXP/DL-Diamond/UA-100K/Hyatt-Globalist/Hilton-Diamond/Marriott-Titanium - Many more....
Reasons why CHOICE sucks!

While I was forced to stay at a choice branded property in Utah. (Only other choice was Days Inn, Motel 6, or Super 8) And while the hotel was actually pretty good all things considered...

Choice sucks
1. No promotion or elite levels. No incentive to bring discresionary business to choice.
2. Crappy new award structure. While they tout it as an improvement. It is a major devaluation on points.
3. No affilitates or chances to earn incentive miles
4. The AA promotion that they are now running may well lead to the end of the program. I know I will never again take choice devaluated points when I can get AA miles.
5. Poor quality control. Some hotels are great and some are questionable at best. There is not a standard that is met across the systems even within the brands
6. Most stays do not post automatically. Often I end up faxing the entire months stays just to get credit and even then it does not often show up till the 3rd or fouth request.

IN SHORT CHOICE SUCKS!

If you are considering a choice hotel do not let the FF program influence you. It sucks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.