Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for my new program

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2018, 3:30 pm

Hi Kevin

You better checkin with the tech staff as this change is not quite workings as designed yet. We non- elites can now see and are offered reward redemptions a few months out but when you hit the "BOOK ROOM" button you get.

"ERROR

Sorry, we could not book the rooms you requested. Click continue to view rates and select another room...."

Tried multiple hotels multiple dates in July. Swing'n miss.
Old May 14, 2018, 1:16 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by dlouise37
Hi Kevin

You better checkin with the tech staff as this change is not quite workings as designed yet. We non- elites can now see and are offered reward redemptions a few months out but when you hit the "BOOK ROOM" button you get.

"ERROR

Sorry, we could not book the rooms you requested. Click continue to view rates and select another room...."

Tried multiple hotels multiple dates in July. Swing'n miss.
Thank you so much for your interest in Choice Hotels and the Choice Privileges program. It is greatly appreciated.

I would like to apologize on behalf of Choice Hotels for any inconvenience you may have experienced searching for Reward Nights the past few days. We are aware that some of the messaging regarding confirming Reward Nights is not displaying correctly on the website and may prevent you from confirming a reservation outside of the current booking window for your elite status. Please know that our teams are working diligently to have this corrected and we thank you for your patience while we take care of this. Again, please accept my apology for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Currently, when logged into your online profile and searching for a Reward Night, the site will return a message stating that it can only be reserved up to the limit of the previous booking window determined by your current elite status. If you have not already done so, try bypassing the error message by clicking or tapping CONTINUE and you may be able to reserve a Reward Night up to 100 days in advance of arrival. I understand that some members have been able to confirm reservations using this workaround and others have not.

Please be assured that we know confirming Reward Nights is important and we want everyone to be able to take advantage of this new feature going forward. I regret that I cannot provide an estimate as to when these items will be corrected, but I can say it will definitely be sooner rather than later.

Thank you again for your interest in Choice Privileges. We look forward to your next stay with Choice Hotels.

Kevin C.
Executive Guest Services
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:33 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Well, I finally got around to doing this. I decided to wait until this July, rather than mess around with last winter's pre-booked stays.

As I understand it, applying for the status match in July means I will keep my new Choice status until December 31, 2020?

I will probably make Platinum organically anyway, but it's best to be sure.

Update: The status match was processed within hours, and my status is showing as valid until December 31, 2020. Im am impressed by the efficiency.

Last edited by The_Bouncer; Jul 11, 2019 at 2:41 pm Reason: Update
Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:59 pm
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer
Well, I finally got around to doing this. I decided to wait until this July, rather than mess around with last winter's pre-booked stays.

As I understand it, applying for the status match in July means I will keep my new Choice status until December 31, 2020?

I will probably make Platinum organically anyway, but it's best to be sure.

Update: The status match was processed within hours, and my status is showing as valid until December 31, 2020. Im am impressed by the efficiency.
Hey again! Thanks for checking back in with us. Timing is everything! You still made it to us, and that's what matters. On behalf of Choice Hotels, welcome to the Choice Privileges family! That was a quick turnaround for your status match as well. We pride ourselves on efficient service, and we thrilled to be meeting your expectations thus far. Don't' hesitate to ever get in touch with us here for any other questions, comments, or concerns. Safe travels to you! *Julio
The_Bouncer and strickerj like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.