Some good Choice redemptions in Spain

Old Jun 16, 19, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Some good Choice redemptions in Spain

Just when you think the Choice Rewards program is getting worse, you stumble upon another good redemption. Last year, Choice announced a partnership with Sercotel, a Spanish hotel chain. I'm not sure when their hotels started showing up on the Choice website, but they're there now, and there are some good deals. A lot of the properties are only 8000 to 12000 points per night, and some of these are 200 euro/night properties.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300627546.html

BTW, there have been near endless airfare sales from the US to Spain this year, with many shoulder season fares below $300. Not a bad time for a Spanish vacation!
GUWonder, mster and klanfa like this.
Old Jun 23, 19, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Has anyone here actually stayed in one of Choice's Sercotel hotels? The website is ambiguous as to whether breakfast is included in the Choice award rate. I'm guessing it's not. I did see that their Barcelona hotel, Amister Art (which can be hard to get a reservation for), is doubling the award prices in September from 8000 points (a crazy good deal) to 16,000 points (a good deal). With FREE breakfast, it would still be a great deal.
Old Jun 24, 19, 10:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by iahphx View Post
Has anyone here actually stayed in one of Choice's Sercotel hotels? The website is ambiguous as to whether breakfast is included in the Choice award rate. I'm guessing it's not. I did see that their Barcelona hotel, Amister Art (which can be hard to get a reservation for), is doubling the award prices in September from 8000 points (a crazy good deal) to 16,000 points (a good deal). With FREE breakfast, it would still be a great deal.
Make a refundable points booking and then call the BCN hotel to ask about breakfast. I doubt itís included for no additional charge ó since they sell it for a surcharge on some rate plans ó but you can call up and ask.
Old Jun 24, 19, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post

Make a refundable points booking and then call the BCN hotel to ask about breakfast. I doubt itís included for no additional charge ó since they sell it for a surcharge on some rate plans ó but you can call up and ask.
Itís Ä17 per person per day for the breakfast buffet.
Old Jun 24, 19, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post

Itís Ä17 per person per day for the breakfast buffet.
Thanks. That's about what I would expect.
Old Jul 16, 19, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx View Post
Thanks. That's about what I would expect.
I would eat breakfast elsewhere in this case.

Search this Thread