Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issues with "Your Extras"?

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Issues with "Your Extras"?

I've checked in to two different hotels this week so far (and have a third stay starting tomorrow), and so far I haven't gotten my "Your Extras" selection after check-in for either stay - I have Starbucks $5 gift card selected as my choice. I asked the front desk at the first hotel about this, and they said they have no control over it (and really didn't know about the program's existence). When I called Choice Privileges support, they said I would need to wait until 72 hours after check-out for each stay to rectify. All of my previous stays have generated the egift card as expected, and I double-checked that my selection was still present in my profile.

Is anyone else having issues this week? ChoiceHotels, can you help out?
Old May 16, 2017, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Carpboy823
I've checked in to two different hotels this week so far (and have a third stay starting tomorrow), and so far I haven't gotten my "Your Extras" selection after check-in for either stay - I have Starbucks $5 gift card selected as my choice. I asked the front desk at the first hotel about this, and they said they have no control over it (and really didn't know about the program's existence). When I called Choice Privileges support, they said I would need to wait until 72 hours after check-out for each stay to rectify. All of my previous stays have generated the egift card as expected, and I double-checked that my selection was still present in my profile.

Make sure you didn't just stay on the weekend. Your stay has to include a Sunday-Thursday night. Stays on Friday or Saturday night by themselves are not qualifying.
Old May 17, 2017, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NCLSEA123
Make sure you didn't just stay on the weekend. Your stay has to include a Sunday-Thursday night. Stays on Friday or Saturday night by themselves are not qualifying.
These are all one-night stays this week during the work week. Monday night, Tuesday night, and Wednesday night (tonight). So far I'm 0/2 getting the Starbucks card emailed to me.
Old May 17, 2017, 7:54 am
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

Sorry for the Inconvenience

My apologies that you have not been receiving your Your Extras. We will definitely look into this for you. Can you please private message me with your Member number so that we can look into this and your phone number so that we can call you if we have any follow up questions?
Old May 17, 2017, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChoiceHotels
My apologies that you have not been receiving your Your Extras. We will definitely look into this for you. Can you please private message me with your Member number so that we can look into this and your phone number so that we can call you if we have any follow up questions?
PM sent. Thank you for your help!
Old May 17, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: IHG Spire
No Extras for checkin Monday 5/15 for me either now that you mention it
Old May 23, 2017, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Update: I did PM ChoiceHotels, as well as call Choice Privileges guest services, but have not received the two Extras from last week yet. I am still confident that I will get them eventually, but it's been a bit arduous for something that should have come automatically on check-in.
Old May 24, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Club Carlson Concierge, IHG Plat, Choice Diamond: All things Chase
13/14 Choice stays this year I've received my extras (Amazon GC). I tried to call customer service for my missing one after it happened but it proved to not be worth the $2.50 so I gave up. No rhyme or reason why I didn't get it at check-in like normal.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 5:08 pm

Another Sunday checkin without an Extra. Nada for last Monday either. Something is broken
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:28 pm

I'm missing it from my last 7 stays
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:57 am
Company Representative, Choice Hotels

So sorry to hear that you have not been receiving your Your Extras. Can you both please private message me with your member number and phone number so that we can get this issue resolved?
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:50 pm

Missing Extras have been awarded and just got Extras email shortly after check in today, so whatever was broken looks to be fixed.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 9:02 pm

Not receiving "My Extras"

Add me to the list of people who are not receiving this benefit.

Signed up for the Starbucks extra. Missing over half of the extras over the last few months.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CR Scott
Add me to the list of people who are not receiving this benefit.

Signed up for the Starbucks extra. Missing over half of the extras over the last few months.
ChoiceHotels was able to get the issue rectified for me, so I would suggest PMing them here on FT. They are pretty responsive during normal M-F business hours.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 6:08 pm

ChoiceHotels was able to get the issue rectified for me, so I would suggest PMing them here on FT. They are pretty responsive during normal M-F business hours.
Already did that. interesting that you get better service from ChoiceHotels on an outside forum, rather than their own site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.