Wiki Posts
Search

Someone else checking in first

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Someone else checking in first

We are set to stay in Orlando 3 nights next weekend, I was planning on using points to book the 3 nights at a quality inn. Thing is my b/s is flying in Thursday night and checking in. I won't be arriving (driving in ) until Friday evening.

Is Choice as easy as the other chains that it wil be ok for him to check in with a reservation under my name? I will add his name as well in the comments. I know IHG lets you do this but wanted to make sure it would be ok with Choice. He has a big meeting the next morning and I want this to be smooth and not have any hiccups.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
I would call the property and talk to them about it. Any opinions on here or from corporate won't count for much, though someone else's experience at that property might be worth something.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:41 pm

Programs: Choice Privileges, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Lightbulb

I have done this in the past and it's never been a problem, but I always book through the Choice website (when it's available) and briefly explain who is checking in and their relationship to you. Then I call, usually within 24 hours of check-in.

This is because the person doing the check-in will probably not be the person you speak to on the phone, so an extra layer of protection won't hurt.

Last edited by FreeHotBreakfast; Sep 11, 2016 at 12:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.