Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2016, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Does anyone know if Choice occasionally sells points with a bonus much like IHG does?
Old Feb 26, 2016, 11:21 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
At least keep your ear to the rail re the Daily Getaways program, which will begin its annual promo (which will have discount points/miles deals in several programs) in early April. I can't find the link, but there's (free) registration to get the notices. A caution: The better the offer - blocks of points or miles - the more intense the competition to purchase it, up to and including the need to pounce within seconds of the announcement. So, you have to be of that mind set. But regardless of how good the offer is, you don't have to hit the road to earn the equivalent number of points. There's this "rail" for orientation as the time draws nigh...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choic...-getaways.html

Good luck!

Last edited by Firewind; Feb 26, 2016 at 11:32 pm
Old Feb 27, 2016, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Firewind
At least keep your ear to the rail re the Daily Getaways program, which will begin its annual promo (which will have discount points/miles deals in several programs) in early April. I can't find the link, but there's (free) registration to get the notices. A caution: The better the offer - blocks of points or miles - the more intense the competition to purchase it, up to and including the need to pounce within seconds of the announcement. So, you have to be of that mind set. But regardless of how good the offer is, you don't have to hit the road to earn the equivalent number of points. There's this "rail" for orientation as the time draws nigh...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/choic...-getaways.html

Good luck!
Thanks, I have heard of that but have never bought anything from it. So does it work like a daily deal type thing where at a certain time they release a certain amount and if you don't click within seconds you loose? Is that what I can expect? I signed up for the mail alerts and i' hoping to be able to snag some but i am envisioning this being like citi daily deals where i have even been looking at the countdown and before i can even click the buy now its sold out.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 11:23 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
That's about right.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

That's about right.
HAHAHA Thanks for the heads up! lol
Old Mar 11, 2016, 6:40 pm

Received email from Choice today that a sale is on. Points are $11/1000, and bonuses start at 5,000 points.

[...]

• 5,000 to 9,000 points = 10% bonus
• 10,000 to 19,000 points = 20% bonus
• 20,000 to 29,000 points = 30% bonus
• 30,000 to 50,000 points = 40% bonus

[...]

* Transactions must be completed between 12 a.m. EST March 10 and 11:59 p.m. EST April 21, 2016, to be eligible for bonus points. Points will be posted to your Choice Privileges account within 24 hours after your transaction is complete. Bonus Points don’t count toward the annual limit. Purchased points do not count toward Elite Status or Lifetime Elite Gold Status. Transactions are final and nonrefundable. Offer may not be valid for all members. All other terms and conditions of the Choice Privileges Rewards Program apply.
...in lieu of a link because the only link is a pre-populated order form.

[Working on cutting and pasting, I overwrote miadukes's new thread OP.]

Last edited by Firewind; Mar 11, 2016 at 6:51 pm
Old Mar 11, 2016, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Received email from Choice today that a sale is on. Points are $11/1000, and bonuses start at 5,000 points.

...in lieu of a link because the only link is a pre-populated order form.

[Working on cutting and pasting, I overwrote miadukes's new thread OP.]
Yes, thanks, my link was pre-populated as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.