Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Choice Trying Out New Website Design?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2015, 5:04 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Old Jun 24, 2015, 5:07 am

Am I just missing it or is the best rate guarantee form missing also

Last edited by allan8458; Jun 24, 2015 at 5:17 am
Old Jun 24, 2015, 5:11 am

Right, I clicked the link I posted upthread (#51) and it reroutes to the homepage. http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-...l/BestRateForm
Old Jun 24, 2015, 5:14 am

Btw, if anyone wants to send them (complaint) email, here is their address: [email protected] as posted all over their twitter feed. https://twitter.com/ChoiceHotels/with_replies
Old Jun 24, 2015, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boxo
And the link to the old site at the bottom of the new homepage is gone.
Using what browser?

I found the link the old site at the bottom gone today in Firefox, and then I tried it in Chrome, and the link the old site was still there in Chrome!

A more important difference: Today in Firefox it's saying "login attempt failed" with my perfectly good user name and password. But doing the exact same login in Chrome works perfectly. (In both cases, that's on the new site.)

So, everyone, remember, when you find an issue, try a different type of browser. The issues change from day to day, but the one thing that doesn't seem to change is that it keeps working differently in different browsers! (But one day browser X and work better than browser Y, and then day browser Y may work much better than browser X! So don't assume that because one browser type worked better for you a few days ago that it's the one to use today.)
Old Jun 25, 2015, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by allan8458
Am I just missing it or is the best rate guarantee form missing also
The new claim form for Choice (pdf):
https://www.choicehotels.com/birg-claim-form.pdf

After filling it out, "save" the form and send (as an attachment) to [email protected]

Last edited by Freeroomguy; Jun 29, 2015 at 7:56 pm
Old Jun 26, 2015, 8:08 pm

Old Site totally gone?

Hi, is the old site totally gone now? Any links left to it?
Old Jun 26, 2015, 11:31 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
This seems to be a new one. I have 3 stays this week and they all posted with 0 points earned. I guess I need to call.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 5:08 am

Where is the modification page gone? I have to shorten a stay and the price is now much higher than months ago when I booked. If I cancel I have to pay much more

I really effing hate that new site
Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
I just checked - using Chrome - the link to old website is gone.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
The new site is a PoS....

...it makes you re-log in after you've already logged in, my past stay isn't showing and it wont allow me to enter my corporate rate code.
Old Jun 28, 2015, 6:48 pm

Finding the "buy points" page was a pain, so I ended up scrolling down to the Site Map link to find it, only to get a "System Error" message once I clicked. I don't know if that's Choice's or Points.com's problem. But , nonetheless.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Two things:

1. I called to ask why a stay last week doesn't show up on the old site* at all but shows up on the new site with 0 points earned. He looked up my stay, saw what I paid and said I would get points, but they are having an issue right now with stays posting slowly. So apparently the new site "jumps the gun" and automatically shows the stay with the correct nights but 0 points a couplle days after check-out, even if it hasn't really posted yet!

2. I mentioned the I have an intermittent login problem ("login not recongized" in Firefox on the new site, while it works every time in Chrome). The rep asked me what about IE, and was astounded to learn that:

* Today I'm getting the old site on IE 8 under Windows XP (at work). And on Windows 11 (all weekend anyway), IE 11 wouldn't even draw the page right, so I couldn't tell whether it was the old site or the new site.

He said the old site was disabled. And he was partly right: While on the old site (under IE 8) I could see the list of upcoming reservations, clicking View led to "this page doesn't exist" (so I couldn't pull up reservation confirmations on the old site any more).
Old Jun 30, 2015, 7:57 am

Yes, I am having the same problem with points posting from stays last week. What is tipping me off that there is a website problem is that the canceled reservation and the paid stays are both showing up as stays earning zero points. So giving it some more days before complaining.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:53 am

Received all the points from last week's stays, about 6 days after checking out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.