Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Choice Trying Out New Website Design?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choice Trying Out New Website Design?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lougord99
Perhaps it was having the old 'log me out issues'. Old site had no issues.
The "log me out issues" I always had before was when, after selecting a hotel from the hotel list and clicking to go to the next step, it would throw you from the Choice Hotels site to a differently named site for the specific brand (Comfort, Quality, etc).

While doing my bookings within the past week, I noticed on both the old site and the new site that I never left the Choice Hotels site during the booking process, ie, I was never thrown to the Comfort or Quality site (those were the brands I was booking). So I wonder if they've fixed the "log me out issues" by making this change, and if so how recently?
Old May 27, 2015, 10:14 pm
Suspended

Kind of lame (IMHO) that they can't get the site working or at least "mostly working" before going live.
Old May 29, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
When I go to their web site (using Chrome) I get the following message:

"Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.choiceprivileges.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards)."

Also, there's a big red line through the "https" in the URL. I've been on a variety of hotel and airline web sites today, and this is the only site where this is happening. Not sure what to make of it.
Old May 29, 2015, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thelostshark
When I go to their web site (using Chrome) I get the following message:

"Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.choiceprivileges.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards)."

Also, there's a big red line through the "https" in the URL. I've been on a variety of hotel and airline web sites today, and this is the only site where this is happening. Not sure what to make of it.
Well, I had that exact same message on another site in Chrome today, but it was because I was logging into a WiFi network and the login had not yet completed. When I tried the same site again after I was fully logged into the WiFi network, the message no longer appeared.

Anyway, I'm still on that network right now, and I just tried the Choice site in Chrome and got no such message (it successfully loaded the secure web page). So I presume your issue was either temporary or related to how you're connecting.
Old May 30, 2015, 1:53 pm

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
BRG Claim Form

Hi does anyone know how to get BRG claim form. On the new website, it tells me to click on the Old Site. When I click on the old site, it takes me back to the new site. Round and Round.
Old May 30, 2015, 2:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-...l/BestRateForm
Old Jun 1, 2015, 5:14 pm

Found another issue with the new site. The refer a friend ability is dead. It pulls up and gives all the details but does not provide anywhere to fill in any info to provide a referral. Very irritating. Going to the old site and trying to get there results in broken useless pages. Thanks for nothing Choice.

Just checked the UK site. Same issue there. Nowhere to fill anything in.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Well, I had that exact same message on another site in Chrome today, but it was because I was logging into a WiFi network and the login had not yet completed. When I tried the same site again after I was fully logged into the WiFi network, the message no longer appeared.

Anyway, I'm still on that network right now, and I just tried the Choice site in Chrome and got no such message (it successfully loaded the secure web page). So I presume your issue was either temporary or related to how you're connecting.
Received the same message today. Then I noticed the choicehotels.com link (instead of choiceprivileges.com), and I can use that URL without any problems. tls
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: JGC,SFC, BestWestern DS, Choice P, HH D, Hyatt Ds, IHG D, Marriott P, Radisson V, Wyndham D, Sixt P
Originally Posted by Dadofsix
I keep getting the following message:
"Thank you for your inquiry on [xxxxx]. Choice Hotels is working towards providing our customers with hotels in this area. Please enter a new City, Attraction, Address, Airport, Zip or Hotel Code."
Showing same message again.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The old site version seems to be slowly but surely being killed off. Even completing simple hotel bookings on the old site version is flopping now for me.
Old Jun 18, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
Unfortunate. Even 4 days ago, I was unable to make an SC-15 reservation on the new site.

sdsearch, am I doing something wrong? Are you still making SC-15 reservations on the new site with no issues ?

Edit: I just tried again and got the rate I was looking for on the new site.

Last edited by lougord99; Jun 19, 2015 at 6:30 am
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch

You're right, it is a Chrome issue. I still get the message when using Chrome for choiceprivileges.com (altho have no problem when using choicehotels.com on Chrome), but can use it on IE.
Old Jun 22, 2015, 9:21 pm

My points have disappeared.

I made bookings end of May, had 10,265 left, was gone for 3 weeks, just returned home this weekend, and my balance is zero.

Old Jun 23, 2015, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yesterday evening:

New site on Chrome was able to look up all rates, but kept logging me out every few minutes (while I was in the middle of trying to book!).

Old site on Firefox kept me logged in, but refused to show me an actual list of hotels when searching on rewards nights. It would show the number of hotels, and then some garbage message which didn't apply (like no hotels in the town I searched in, when there are, and it says "34 hotels found" right above that!).

I haven't had the energy to try again yet today...
Old Jun 24, 2015, 4:49 am

No matter which city I plug in to search, I get this message:

Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.

And the link to the old site at the bottom of the new homepage is gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.