Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

Choice Trying Out New Website Design?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choice Trying Out New Website Design?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2015, 7:43 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels
I am continuing to have errors on the website in my attempt to apply my organizational code, and in many cases, to book a regular room at a regular rate. I have given several nights to the Wyndham group over the past few weeks simply because I can't make a simple booking on Choice. It is quite a shame; I am missing out on the stay two night promotion.
Old Oct 6, 2015, 6:07 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I am so envious of all of you. I still frequently have problems with getting the site to open beyond the banner at the top, so can't even get to the stage where you all encounter problems. Alas.

(But if it weren't for this thread, I'd still tend to believe that "it's at my end".)

And one more thing: The call center is aware of the problems with the site. It's what they hear at the beginning of many calls.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 9:59 am

Quarterly Statements

Quarterly Statements are now appearing at the bottom of the RECENT ACTIVITY page under FULL-STAY HISTORY. I still don't see an option though (on the new site) to view a statement thru current date -- only most recent quarter end.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 10:06 am

Yeah up until about a week or so ago you could view your up to date activity thru the iphone app but now that just reflects thru the previous quarter so right now you can't verify activity in your account since last the quarter end date. Basically it means more lost functionality.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by Dadofsix
Quarterly Statements are now appearing at the bottom of the RECENT ACTIVITY page under FULL-STAY HISTORY. I still don't see an option though (on the new site) to view a statement thru current date -- only most recent quarter end.
Not sure when this was implemented, but I'm now able to view a statement for the current quarter (Oct 1, 2015-Dec 31, 2015) on the new site.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by Dadofsix
Not sure when this was implemented, but I'm now able to view a statement for the current quarter (Oct 1, 2015-Dec 31, 2015) on the new site.
As of this morning, I also can view current quarter (Oct 1 - Dec 31)
Old Nov 4, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
if I put Vienna, AT or Florence, IT as the destination, it doesn't search, instead I get a tooltip saying "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again." Other locations are working. I'm guessing it's because there are no longer any hotel in Vienna and Florence. Can anyone confirm if that's what the issue is?

and if I use the old site, it simply forwards to the new site with no destination populated.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the site getting even more glitchy? I've had three weird incidents the past week.

First, I tried to book an award reservation within my platinum reservation period. The website said it was outside the window. I had to call reservations to get the reservation booked.

Second, I tried to book another award reservation. This time the website said no award reservations were available, but there were rooms for sale. I called. Not only could the agent book me a room, but he was able to book me a nicer room category than I'd ever seen loaded for award redemption at this hotel on the website. This is making me think it's worth a phone call to Choice whenever there are "better" rooms than the website says you can redeem for.

Now I'm looking for a hotel in Rome and it says no award reservations available. Again, the website shows rooms for sale. I guess I'm going to call again.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by italdesign
if I put Vienna, AT or Florence, IT as the destination, it doesn't search, instead I get a tooltip saying "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again." Other locations are working. I'm guessing it's because there are no longer any hotel in Vienna and Florence. Can anyone confirm if that's what the issue is?

and if I use the old site, it simply forwards to the new site with no destination populated.
I got exactly that message a week or two ago when searching Tustin, CA (which has no Choice hotels in that city proper, but within a few miles of Tustin are Choice properties in Santa Ana, Irvine, and Anaheim), but lately that's been working. But since I only got it once or twice, and at the time I got it I didn't try anything other than search Santa Ana, CA instead (which as I said is just a few miles away), I can't jump to any conclusions about it.

Btw, I'm having another problem: In Firefox for at least the last 3 days, when I choose a hotel it doesn't show the list of rooms, just a blank part of a page. If I do exactly the same search in Chrome, it does show me a list of rooms and I can book them. (And this isn't the first time I've had problems with the new site in one browser which don't occur in another browser.)
Old Nov 11, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Still don't get past the banner-only-with-white-below-it, and no functionality, in Chrome, but no problem in Explorer ... I mean no problem getting to the problems that you all are having.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I tried to book another award stay hotel today and there were 5 Choice hotels in town. One said it had availability and the other 4 did not. It wasn't true. I called Choice reservations and got the hotel I wanted.

BTW, calling Choice for reservations is both good and bad. Last week, I got a room that didn't seem to ever load on the website for award reservations. That's good. But the agents aren't very knowledgeable or sophisticated about the rooms they're selling. To prevent errors and get the best room possible, you need to go into the call prepared. I'd really just prefer if the website worked "the old way."
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:11 am

Don't believe I've seen this mentioned, maybe because it's very minor in comparison with the issues chronicled above: Stay activity is listed in completely random order. Yes, first time I've looked at that page in months, so maybe not news.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 9:06 am
Suspended

Nice touch. Don't think I've seen that done on any other website.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 5:23 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
And now they have this ridiculous captcha that you must go through every time you sign in.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 9:14 pm

I used the android app today without hassle. No joy on website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.