Wiki Posts
Search

booking room for another person

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2013, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: all
booking room for another person

does anyone have experience booking room for another person with choice points. The FAQ say only relatives and when I tried to book they said that they need to be a close relative and not a friend.

I am assuming no one checks but want to be sure
Old Apr 24, 2013, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe a 'safe' dodge is to list your name on one of the resses as co-occupant of one of the rooms. If they bother to check at all, that should eliminate the problem.

And don't book over the phone unless there's no other alternative. I've never had an issue booking from the website.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

thanks..
Old Apr 25, 2013, 1:35 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by BigLar
I believe a 'safe' dodge is to list your name on one of the resses as co-occupant of one of the rooms. If they bother to check at all, that should eliminate the problem.

And don't book over the phone unless there's no other alternative. I've never had an issue booking from the website.
That way of doing it online has worked for me and I do it a lot with Choice properties in Europe.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

how do you book online and put another persons name...

does not give option for that
Old May 4, 2013, 10:29 pm

Programs: MR Ag, LH FTL
Yes, just tried booking for a friend and I don't see a field where I could list his name. Maybe except comments?
Old May 5, 2013, 2:40 am
Original Poster

i had another member make a reservation for me in Paris. Had all kinds of problems both with the hotel as well as the choice reps. eventually cancelled the reservation. I think this program really sucks for redeeming for someone else.
Old May 6, 2013, 12:46 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Originally Posted by pantanal
i had another member make a reservation for me in Paris. Had all kinds of problems both with the hotel as well as the choice reps. eventually cancelled the reservation. I think this program really sucks for redeeming for someone else.
I am also concerned about this. I just booked a Paris hotel for my parents in June. I want to make sure they will be able to check in without any problems. How do you add the second name to the reservation?

EDIT: I figured out that this is not a problem for my parents. See:

http://www.choicehotels.com/en/choic...es-regulations

20. A member may redeem a reward night for an immediate family member (spouse, partner, children, parents, in-laws, brothers and sisters). Immediate family members (spouse, partner, children, parents, in-laws, brothers and sisters) can use the free night even if the member is not occupying the room.

When booking a reward night for someone other than yourself, be sure to ask the reservation agent to include the name of the guest in the notes field of the reservation. When booking a reward night through your online profile, be sure to include the name of the guest who will be staying in the room in the “Special Request” field.

Last edited by Wollstonecraft; May 6, 2013 at 7:13 am
Old May 6, 2013, 2:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft
I am also concerned about this. I just booked a Paris hotel for my parents in June. I want to make sure they will be able to check in without any problems. How do you add the second name to the reservation?

EDIT: I figured out that this is not a problem for my parents. See:

http://www.choicehotels.com/en/choic...es-regulations
The problem is #20 still seems to be a problem for a non relative. The way I read it is you need to be in the room with them
Old May 13, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: Up there, Route 36 LaPaz Diamond
Just call the choice privileges number and tell them its your brother from another mother.
I book rooms for family and friends with my points all the time with no problems.

Just be sure to tell the phone rep that you will not be checking in,that only your guest will be checking in.
Old May 14, 2013, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CarolinaCoopers
Just call the choice privileges number and tell them its your brother from another mother.
I book rooms for family and friends with my points all the time with no problems.

Just be sure to tell the phone rep that you will not be checking in,that only your guest will be checking in.

thx...have you done that internationally or just in the US. I can tell you that the Paris Clarion gave me a very hard time
Old May 18, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: AA ex-EXP (buh-bye!), HH Gold, SPG Gold, UM Go Blue
Originally Posted by pantanal
thx...have you done that internationally or just in the US. I can tell you that the Paris Clarion gave me a very hard time
Hmm, that is exactly the hotel I am planning for my parents (Clarion Etoile Saint Honore.) This is next month, and I will not be with them, I will instead be camping in a remote location without phone or internet.

I am thinking of sending them with a copy of the T&C that says I can book a hotel for family members. Will that be enough? Will they demand proof of our relation or something? My parents are senior citizens, and do not speak French. I don't want them to be stranded or something.

Ay suggestions would be appreciated.
Old May 18, 2013, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wollstonecraft
Hmm, that is exactly the hotel I am planning for my parents (Clarion Etoile Saint Honore.) This is next month, and I will not be with them, I will instead be camping in a remote location without phone or internet.

I am thinking of sending them with a copy of the T&C that says I can book a hotel for family members. Will that be enough? Will they demand proof of our relation or something? My parents are senior citizens, and do not speak French. I don't want them to be stranded or something.

Ay suggestions would be appreciated.
family members is no issue i believe. you may want to call the hotel in advance and tell them and see
Old May 19, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
I am planning to stay one night in Paris next month using the same method, and wondering if there is another Paris hotel that is "guest friendlier" than Clarion Etoile?
Old May 20, 2013, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnscout
I am planning to stay one night in Paris next month using the same method, and wondering if there is another Paris hotel that is "guest friendlier" than Clarion Etoile?
I dont have any experience with the other paris hotels...what i would recommend is that have your name on the reservation and call the front desk. If they are squirly, cancel the reservation and make alternative plans..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.