Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Choice hotels in Japan

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
delete
Old Jan 12, 2018, 4:43 am

Stays at Japanese "Comfort Hotel" properties *do* count towards Choice elite status even though they don't earn points. Same as Scandinavian properties.

Earned elite status last year with only 3x Choice nights outside of Scandinavia & Japan.

Last edited by mster; Jan 12, 2018 at 5:42 am
Old Jan 12, 2018, 6:03 am

To add another thought on Choice properties in Japan - they almost always have excellent access to public transit. These properties are really barebones compared with HGIs or even HIX properties in Asia and the rooms can be downright tiny (most rooms are 13 m2!), but the locations make them serviceable.

Also, in addition to the free breakfast very reasonable self-laundry / vending machines are available. Free coffee all day too depending on the property!

Negatives are mostly density and market related - noise insulation and ventilation aren't good so earplugs and a plan to help you tolerate the occasional errant smoker will make your stay more enjoyable. Also, the room lighting design for all the Japan properties is uniquely terrible ^
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:26 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by mster
Stays at Japanese "Comfort Hotel" properties *do* count towards Choice elite status even though they don't earn points. Same as Scandinavian properties.

Earned elite status last year with only 3x Choice nights outside of Scandinavia & Japan.
I just had two stays ( 3 nights ) in Japan and received 0 points and 0 nights for these stays so I doubt these count towards elite status. Maybe a glitch in their system...

I found this thread as I was baffled that I did not receive any points. Since the start of this thread they modified the wording in the rules & regulations but certainly didn't make it more clear. It says you can earn in Asia-Pacific including Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Papua New Guinea and Fiji. If those are the only countries you can earn it would be better to use 'limited to' instead of 'including', or just list these countries and don't mention Asia-Pacific.
Like it's written here it's outright not correct.

"You can earn Choice Privileges points at any Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Quality®, Sleep Inn®, Clarion®, Cambria hotel & suites®, MainStay Suites®, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel®, Econo Lodge® , Rodeway Inn® and Ascend Hotel Collection® locations in the U.S., Canada, Europe (excluding Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway and Sweden), the Middle East, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean (excluding Guyana and Ecuador), and Asia-Pac (including Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Papua New Guinea and Fiji)."
Old Apr 23, 2018, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by kcaluwae
I just had two stays ( 3 nights ) in Japan and received 0 points and 0 nights for these stays so I doubt these count towards elite status. Maybe a glitch in their system...

I found this thread as I was baffled that I did not receive any points. Since the start of this thread they modified the wording in the rules & regulations but certainly didn't make it more clear. It says you can earn in Asia-Pacific including Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Papua New Guinea and Fiji. If those are the only countries you can earn it would be better to use 'limited to' instead of 'including', or just list these countries and don't mention Asia-Pacific.
Like it's written here it's outright not correct.
Yeah, Choice Privileges T&Cs are a bit rough. So far I'm 100% for night credits on my Choice stays in Japan. Stayed at a handful of different properties and the night credits always post promptly and without issue. There are *a lot* of Choice properties in Japan though so there could definitely be some variation from property to property.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: hhonors gold, priority club plat
Hello. Anyone with experience having additional guest check in? Attempting to do so at Comfort Hotel Osaka specifically but not sure how acceptable this practice is in Japan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.