Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Choice | Choice Privileges
Reload this Page >

24,000 + 8,000 (update: or 16,000) points for no-fee Choice credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 9, 2016, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Blind and Green
  • 64,000 total points, apply by November 30, 2018
  • 32,000 points for $1,000 spend within 90 days
  • Additional 32,000 points for $2k additional spend ($3k total) within 180 days
    • no annual fee
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=2513&cellNumber=5

Print Wikipost

24,000 + 8,000 (update: or 16,000) points for no-fee Choice credit card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 1:15 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by onthego15
This offer is back, same as before:
https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...req=CCVVS27024
So why is anyone interested in this 24/8 card when the 24/16 offer for the same card is still there to be had? Am I missing something here?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 3:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by brasov02
So why is anyone interested in this 24/8 card when the 24/16 offer for the same card is still there to be had? Am I missing something here?
Where do you see the 24/16 offer? The link I provided on August 29 is no longer valid. Please provide a link to the 24/16 offer. Thanks.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Here is the application page for the 24/16 offer:
https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/ja...13&legacy=true
If you click on the terms and conditions, you will discover that this application is for the card that gives 24k and gives 16K after your first stay.
There is no landing page, so I can not verify that this offer is still good. But if you intend to apply for this card, it makes sense to use this application rather than the 24K/8K application.
Thanks to brasov02 for saving this application page.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 10:02 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Do we still believe that this card is not churnable? I have followed the thread for the Barclay's US card, which was once thought to be a one-shot deal card, but more recent reports have indicated that multiple cards with multiple bonuses might be possible: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18076419-post893.html.

I see that the T&Cs for each card have similar language. For the purpose of multiple cards, the key phrase "This offer may not be available to you if you already have or have had a" previous card is exactly the same. I wouldn't have considered this six months ago, but after taking advantage of an 8K/night redemption in London and a 10K/night in Rome, I now think the 40K offer may be worth a potentially wasted credit pull for me.

And, if I do that, I'll report back.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 8:12 pm

Thanks for the link!

Considering staying at Comfort Suites Paradise Island in the Bahamas later this year.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 9:34 pm

We're talking 5 free nights people!!

Does anyone have a success story with the 24/16 link? The Terms and Conditions page that is linked to from the application page spells it out very clearly:
First Use Points - All Cardmembers will earn 24,000 Points upon the first use of the Account for a purchase or balance transfer.

First Stay Points – Cardmembers will also earn an additional 16,000 Points after the first paid stay with their new Account at a Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Quality®, Sleep Inn®, Clarion®, Ascend Collection®, Cambria Suites®, MainStay Suites®, Suburban Extended Stay®, Econo Lodge® or Rodeway Inn® hotel in the U.S. Five free nights are based on 40,000 Points. A free night requires more Points at most hotels. For Point level information, visit choiceprivileges.com.
I just want to know if anyone has actually done it successfully yet. It's bizarre that the page is still up when it is nearly 3x better than choicehotel.com's main offer of 8/8.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 12:05 am

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by jacisme
Does anyone have a success story with the 24/16 link?
I just want to know if anyone has actually done it successfully yet. It's bizarre that the page is still up when it is nearly 3x better than choicehotel.com's main offer of 8/8.
Just applied a couple of weeks ago with that link, received the card this week and verified the offer when I activated it.
One might be justified in some concern for those orphaned landing pages for apps that now have no references whatsoever to the actual offer it is linked to (like that Marriott 70,000 point link) but when the app states the offer clearly in the attached T&C I think you should be pretty safe.
(p.s. I just used that Marriott 70,000 link at the same time I did the Choice card and it worked fine too. A pretty trustworthy crowd here on FT.)
Old May 21, 2012, 11:29 pm

I opened the card and after first purchase the 24,000 points showed up on my account promptly. In order to get the next 16,000 I need to spend a paid night in a room.

Now, there is a "stay 2 nights earn enough points for a $50 gift card" promotion (8000 points) going on right now on choicehotels.com - http://www.choicehotels.com/giftcard...ash1SUMERPROMO

I just clicked a link in my email and it automatically signed me up for that. So if I stay 2 paid nights, will I then get 16k + 8k? Or will they squash this?
Old May 22, 2012, 6:04 am
Original Poster

I opened the card and after first purchase the 24,000 points showed up on my account promptly. In order to get the next 16,000 I need to spend a paid night in a room.

Now, there is a "stay 2 nights earn enough points for a $50 gift card" promotion (8000 points) going on right now on choicehotels.com - http://www.choicehotels.com/giftcard...ash1SUMERPROMO

I just clicked a link in my email and it automatically signed me up for that. So if I stay 2 paid nights, will I then get 16k + 8k? Or will they squash this?
You should. They are two separate promos, one from Barclay's and one from Choice. I am pretty sure that I did the same thing, though since it was a year ago, my memory is hazy on the details.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Some one on Milepoint just reported success in getting the 24,000 points plus the 16,000 points for their first stay. So, the application link is still working.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: status-less.
App link just worked for me today, T&C explicitly stated 24K + 16K. This will be very helpful for two upcoming family visits where the only decent hotel in the town is a Quality Inn. Thanks!
Old Aug 1, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Another confirmation that the 24+16 offer is valid, just did it for the wife

50k points for her, i have 77k for me... time to see what my juicy options are with the preferred hotels group
Old Aug 1, 2012, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rajuabju
... time to see what my juicy options are with the preferred hotels group
Probably not that juicy, I'm afraid.

The minimum is 30K/night, and most of the desirable props seem to be in the 50-60K/night range.

We can only hope they do the Preferred specials again sometime soon!
Old Sep 3, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Originally Posted by BigLar
Probably not that juicy, I'm afraid.

The minimum is 30K/night, and most of the desirable props seem to be in the 50-60K/night range.

We can only hope they do the Preferred specials again sometime soon!
Yea I was pretty shocked at the redemption rates for Preferred and Barcelo options.

But now I'm looking at some other options in the 40k range, and with about 160k points when all is said after some quick spending, 4 night wont be too bad.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 8:45 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD

Did you not have to wait for the first payment cycle? I paid off my first purchase ( still haven't finished the 1st month) and I still do not have those points in my account.

Anyone else have them post this quickly? or did you have to wait as the T&C states ? All Points will be awarded at the close of the Cardmember's billing statement after the qualifying transaction(s) have posted.

Please allow 4-6 weeks for all Points, including first use and first stay bonus Points, to be deposited into the Rewards Program account. All Rewards Program terms and conditions apply. See choiceprivileges.com for details.

Last edited by duranza; Nov 7, 2012 at 9:00 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.