Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One week in Dalian, what to do...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2009, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

One week in Dalian, what to do...

Spending one week in Dalian at the end of August. Can someone recommend me some must-do activities? Also, Seems like there's no Hilton/Marriott/Starwood in the city, what would be my best bet for a budget hotel that's close-to-all? Thanks so much!
Old Jun 16, 2009, 7:19 pm

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
I wouldn't say that there is a ton to do/see in Dalian besides some of the massive squares and colonial architecture. It's more a very pleasant city in which to live/work/study as its clean and pretty well planned. Quite a bit of nice fresh seafood as well as some quality Korean and Japanese food (significant communities in Dalian).

You could always hop up to Shenyang by train or a quick flight for some more sightseeing possibilities. I think Dalian's pretty nice to wander around. The weather's quite nice and the air is clean.

Try wikitravel for some ideas.
Old Jun 23, 2009, 7:13 pm

Programs: Delta ,
Dalian

You can go Marine World there. Take a boat tour, go to tiger beach.2 days is enough in Dalian

I would take a short flight to Harbin .Stay at the Gloria hotel near the river. You take boat across the river go to the ice museum and see their park.
Great for hot days its 10 below zero in the building. They have world champion Ice Sculptures. They give you coats and boots.
At night go down to the river see wishing laterns(lighted Kites they go 1000's of feet up.
Great street music and shoping beer is cheap -try Harbin brand beer.
Gloria Hotel is downtown Dalian not to expensive nice breakfast
Old Jun 23, 2009, 7:43 pm

If you have a car, drive or ask your driver to drive you along the coast. Great windy road along the cliffs (don't worry, its safe for China standards), especially nice in the late afternoon.
As mentioned earlier, also visit the beach and enjoy the seafood. I believe there's a bird garden by Tiger Beach which looked pretty nice from the outside.
If you're a golfer, try the Dalian Golden Pebble Beach (great piece of imitation).

For hotels, Shangri-la is your best bet, though its not really budget. Check ctrip to give you a better idea of whats available. Best Western and Nikko look decent, though i've never stayed in those myself.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 4:05 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
ACTUALLY, There is a Hilton in Dalian. I am not sure what it's status is now but it has been there for a while.

http://www.orientaltravel.com/hotel/...ton_Dalian.htm
Old Jun 27, 2009, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by davistev
ACTUALLY, There is a Hilton in Dalian. I am not sure what it's status is now but it has been there for a while.

http://www.orientaltravel.com/hotel/...ton_Dalian.htm
That's the Nikko Hotel. It used to be Hilton, not anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.