Beijing Olympics..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beijing Olympics..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2007, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Shangri-La Golden Circle, Hilton Honors Gold, Starwood Plat, United 1P
Beijing Olympics..

Anyone know when these tickets are supposed to be released? When I was in China just 3 weeks ago, they said early January but was not provided with a date. Anyone got any inside info?
Old Jan 2, 2007, 9:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

worry not. i'm planning on hosting a "do" at that time and want to hook up as many fters as possible. while i'm sure you guys will have to pay big bucks for your plane tickets, i will do my best to help out on the accomodation (we've been buying hotels at a rapid pace; 3,000 rooms so far) and olympic ticket fronts. i'm certain it will be really fun here then, based on the party that ensued in 2001? when the announcement was made. prior to that, my friends and i had debated whether or not china deserved the olympics in light of some of its government's policies, but the show of enthusiasm (trust me, you've never seen anything like it) convinced us that it was a good thing. so, yeah, put it on your calenders and prepare to "rulebust".

i will try to post more info around the 330 day mark.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by moondog
worry not. i'm planning on hosting a "do" at that time and want to hook up as many fters as possible.
Awesome. Keep us apprised -- I definately plan on being there! (Grab me a pair of ping pong and badminton tix? )
Old Jan 3, 2007, 8:45 am

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Likewise.

Count Sondra and me in ^
Old Jan 3, 2007, 11:11 am

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Count me in too, thanks.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 11:43 am
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
I will be there one way or the other. Thanks for keeping us posted.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Shangri-La Golden Circle, Hilton Honors Gold, Starwood Plat, United 1P
Great! Thats just the type of info i wanted to hear
Old Jan 5, 2007, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
I am wondering how tough it would be to snag 2 UA/NW saver business class award tix to China in August 2008.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 8:52 am

Maybe if we try 331 (on UA) days out, exactly!
Old Jan 5, 2007, 12:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by xj47
Maybe if we try 331 (on UA) days out, exactly!
Well, that worked with me for AA to the Olympics in Athens (was able to book 4 tickets-1 in business and 3 in coach-with an AA/IB routing). I'm hoping to be as successful for Beijing to see my friend Natalie swim there.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 1:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

i fear that the cheap tix just aren't going to pan out. the pek olympics are a really big deal so it's going to cost big money to come here, but it will worth it even if you have to rule bust.

like many of you, i will be standing on the sidelines at the 330 day mark. however, my expectations are low. if i have to blow 240k just to get my mom here in f (she deserves that), then so be it.

i'm already planning on using the coupon connectiostn (i will have nice stuff to offer) to hook up sis, gf, dad, and stepmom, but i will defintely have enough miles for mom.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
...to hook up sis, gf, dad, and stepmom, but i will defintely have enough miles for mom.
Wow! Mom in F and gf in Y? Interesting priorities... or maybe the gf just wouldnt' appreciate the difference
Old Jan 5, 2007, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
if only PEK fares go up, then it will be possible to fly into PVG and either take a domestic flight or the overnight train. very doable in my book.

cheers.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 4:42 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
if only PEK fares go up, then it will be possible to fly into PVG and either take a domestic flight or the overnight train. very doable in my book.

cheers.
That's exactly what I'm planning to do, either PVG, CAN or HKG.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 4:43 pm

Programs: LH M&M, CX MPC Green
Moondog, count me in for Olympics tickets.. You know I'm based here so all it takes is a text/call...

There are plenty of alternatives with regards to getting into China if direct flights into Beijing are too expensive. One can fly into Tokyo/Seoul and then fly into Dalian/Harbin/some other city in NE China and fly into Beijing from there.. Want to come from the south? Fly into Guangzhou/Shenzhen and onto Beijing.. There are also flights from Thailand/Malaysia/Singapore into Kunming, Chengdu, Chongqing... I haven't really priced any of these out, but they could be viable options for those who are flexible..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.