Wiki Posts
Search

Beijing Olympics..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2007, 5:04 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Gold
Southern approaches

Originally Posted by Jamoldo
Want to come from the south? Fly into Guangzhou/Shenzhen and onto Beijing.. There are also flights from Thailand/Malaysia/Singapore into Kunming, Chengdu, Chongqing... I haven't really priced any of these out, but they could be viable options for those who are flexible..
I'm looking at Chengdu or, preferably, Shenzhen.

Flights from there to Bejing have many pricing variants?? Will they be somewhat available as the games draw nigh?

I'll be a few weeks early for the total solar eclipse in western China.
Old Jan 5, 2007, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rdchen
That's exactly what I'm planning to do, either PVG, CAN or HKG.
i have a hunch that tsn will also get a new flight or two between now and then. remember, nw is free to fly there now using one of its combo frequencies. plus, assuming the train gets built as promised, tsn will be pretty convenient
Old Jan 5, 2007, 9:11 pm
jhm

Originally Posted by moondog
i'm planning on hosting a "do" at that time and want to hook up as many fters as possible. while i'm sure you guys will have to pay big bucks for your plane tickets, i will do my best to help out on the accomodation (we've been buying hotels at a rapid pace; 3,000 rooms so far) and olympic ticket fronts.
Awesome news! To be honest, I'm looking forward more to the FT meet in one of my favourite cities more than the sporting event.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 10:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Looks like my friend Natalie is having an excellent weekend (she seems to just get faster and faster after 5 medals in Athens). We're about 9 weeks from World Championships in Melbourne, which is the last big international event before the Olympics in 2008.

Coughlin breaks American record in 200y free
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by jhm
Awesome news! To be honest, I'm looking forward more to the FT meet in one of my favourite cities more than the sporting event.
Cheers to that
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:26 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
I'll be in town as well - I own a small stake in a company that provides services to a large American broadcaster.

BTW: Moondog, can you help me reserve a tea ceremony? I hear they are all the rage in PEK!
Old Jan 15, 2007, 11:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by FatManInNYC
BTW: Moondog, can you help me reserve a tea ceremony? I hear they are all the rage in PEK!
yeah, sure. and i'll make i point to get the students to treat US
Old Jan 31, 2007, 4:17 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I'll be there as well. Please keep me informed, love to meet up.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 5:46 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by moondog
...my friends and i had debated whether or not china deserved the olympics in light of some of its government's policies...
So were Nazi Germany, the Soviet Union, or even the United States more deserving of hosting the Olympic Games? Based on this kind of thinking, perhaps the US should never be allowed to host the Games again due to, say, the prison abuse in Iraq, refusal to sign the Kyoto Treaty, or any of the dozens of policies of this administration that are p*ssing off the rest of the world.
Old Apr 8, 2007, 9:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Travel packages offered for 2008 Beijing Olympics

Travel packages – including tickets – for the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing will go on sale this month, according to the official travel partner of the U.S. Olympic Team.

A date this month has not been set. The games will be held be held Aug. 8-24, 2008.

CoSport, the official U.S. Olympic Team partner, will sell hotel packages, premium ticket packages, and individual tickets to residents of the United States.

Packages will offer 3- and 4-star accommodations, premium event tickets, some meals, ground transportation and tours of the city. Packages do not include airfare.

Package prices are expected to begin at more than $5,000 per person.
http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1642694.php
Old Apr 9, 2007, 10:01 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by tom911
Package prices are expected to begin at more than $5,000 per person.
Ouch. Thank goodness for moondog and his prepurchased hotel rooms...
Old Apr 9, 2007, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, I would definitely be intereted in meeting up w/ FTers during the Olympics if we all can make it!
Old Apr 13, 2007, 9:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xj47
Ouch. Thank goodness for moondog and his prepurchased hotel rooms...
The package tours offered by the "official" US Olympic tour operator are always a rip-off. Avoid at all costs.

In the past, I have bought tickets from them (it used to be Cartan), as they were the only authorized ticket seller in the US, but I wonder if that's even necessary in this internet age.
Old Apr 23, 2007, 4:19 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Am also interested as well for anything related to the Beijing Olympics, be it FT meetups or maybe a group hotel-room purchase.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 3:44 pm

According to an email from cosport.com the deadline to request tickets is June 30th 2007. I requested 2 for the opening ceremonies, but I doubt the request will get fulfilled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.