Wiki Posts
Search

Ctrip's phantom customer service phone numbers

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2024, 11:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tauphi
Does Google even have a sales office in Mainland China?
I don't think so, but cleaning up search results isn't a sales related function.

There is a Chinese wall between trip.com and ctrip.com.
They might want you to believe that, but as I mentioned, my recent case has certainly intermingled the two, property and service listings are the same, and our accounts can login to either site/app.

I suspect profile data for China domiciled accounts gets special treatment, as legally required, but the same goes for other countries that have stringent PII laws.
Old May 6, 2024, 1:55 am

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
Definitely. They have a beautiful office in Pudong.
gudugan likes this.
Old May 6, 2024, 4:29 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by YariGuy
Definitely. They have a beautiful office in Pudong.
Aye, for sure:

Old May 6, 2024, 6:43 am

No, property listings aren't the same. Ctrip shows properties that take only Mainland guests, while us.trip shows ones that take foreigners and hk.trip ones that take HKers.
Old May 6, 2024, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 889
No, property listings aren't the same. Ctrip shows properties that take only Mainland guests, while us.trip shows ones that take foreigners and hk.trip ones that take HKers.
By the same, I meant they are pulled from the same database (i.e. common asset). Filters are then applied at domain and individual profile levels. That's not exactly a "Chinese Wall".
Old May 6, 2024, 6:34 pm

There used to be a Google office in Shanghai right at Daduhe Road metro station. I believe someone said it was for AdSense. They left just before the pandemic, though.

I recall there was a Google Developers hub near Guilin Road, but haven't been in that area for a while.
Old May 6, 2024, 6:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by navarre007
There used to be a Google office in Shanghai right at Daduhe Road metro station. I believe someone said it was for AdSense. They left just before the pandemic, though.

I recall there was a Google Developers hub near Guilin Road, but haven't been in that area for a while.
I used to visit one of their Beijing offices fairly often while at previous job. It was in a pretty slick building that gave them naming rights near Wudaokou.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.