Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20 Hours in Beijing PEK Airport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2024, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by BouncingMeteor
I created an Air China account in the app, but when I search for my booking it says it is not found. What am I doing wrong?
Air China sucks in this regard.
It may very well have to do with passport discrepancy/missing info.
A call to AirChina might help: but expect it to take a while.

(They may ask you to send a scan/photo of the passport page to [email protected] ... ask me how I know! )
BouncingMeteor likes this.

Last edited by narvik; Feb 28, 2024 at 2:54 pm
Old Feb 28, 2024, 6:39 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
Originally Posted by PES_B1
As far as I know, CA is gifting airport express metro tickets to compete with CZ on the other side of Beijing, which is also giving out airport express metro tickets.
How?
Old Feb 28, 2024, 8:52 pm
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by Palal
How?
You need to download app unfortunately.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 8:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

What app?
Old Feb 29, 2024, 12:52 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by narvik
(They may ask you to send a scan/photo of the passport page to [email protected] ... ask me how I know! )
Which is IMO a very dubious request, and I realise that this kind of stuff happens frequently especially in Asia, I typically try to refuse to comply. Sending copies of your passport by an insecure method (email) for it to then no doubt fester in a mailbox with unknown information governance and unknown security is a data breach waiting to happen....

When these kinds of requests happen if there was a secure portal for customers to upload their ID into the upload would be encrypted and you would hope that a system designed to receive and process copies of customer government ID you might hope that it had some security and information governance designed into it.
narvik likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by plunet
Which is IMO a very dubious request, and I realise that this kind of stuff happens frequently especially in Asia, I typically try to refuse to comply. Sending copies of your passport by an insecure method (email) for it to then no doubt fester in a mailbox with unknown information governance and unknown security is a data breach waiting to happen....

When these kinds of requests happen if there was a secure portal for customers to upload their ID into the upload would be encrypted and you would hope that a system designed to receive and process copies of customer government ID you might hope that it had some security and information governance designed into it.
Kind of surprised by these comments from you as a China 'aficionado'; I've long given up caring about the so-called security of my passport after staying/living in China and having to hand out my passport to hundreds of people over the years. I respect your concerns, but I just don't care anymore. Maybe my age?
uanj likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 2:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Perhaps I missed it, but has this conversation about contacting Air China honestly persisted for several days without anyone suggesting the tried and true method of calling them? While I realize that we're somewhat conditioned to attempt to engage with large companies via websites, bots, and apps, IME (especially in China) calling upon the first inclination that the more advanced channel is sloppy or annoying is usually a good path. You simply need to identify a good/relevant number and maybe trick a phone tree into connecting you with an actual person.
PES_B1 and BouncingMeteor like this.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by moondog
Perhaps I missed it, but has this conversation about contacting Air China honestly persisted for several days without anyone suggesting the tried and true method of calling them?
You DID miss it!

Originally Posted by narvik
A call to AirChina might help: but expect it to take a while.....
moondog likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 1:48 am

Programs: A3*G, UA Gold EY Silver
I have the app. Where are the tickets???
Old Mar 10, 2024, 8:11 am
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by Palal
I have the app. Where are the tickets???
https://www.xiaohongshu.com/discover...ime=1710079818

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.