2024 PVG SFO award flight, tried with Avianca/ANA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 PVG SFO award flight, tried with Avianca/ANA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2023, 12:49 pm

Programs: I wish :'(
I’ll add I’d happily spend an overnight in HND/TYO - super easy transit to city center and great food options, but MNL is a headache.

I’m also more biased though, since I’m east coast based.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yitianjian
I’ll add I’d happily spend an overnight in HND/TYO - super easy transit to city center and great food options, but MNL is a headache.

I’m also more biased though, since I’m east coast based.
I guess you will not share how you have the AA miles, no CC transfers there and I don't have BILT.
I just looked at HND-SFO, nothing for March/April 2024, even economy is 119K RT. How far do you have to look ahead? So availability iseems to be an issue here too. I still dont see how its better than ANA/Asiana if both stopover at Tokyo/Seoul and both lack availability.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 1:26 pm

If you need specific dates, booking JL via CX is the best way to guarantee space, even NH 1J/1F is hard to book nowadays out of JFK. It'll be much more expensive than NH RT TPAC, but what can you do.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yitianjian
If you need specific dates, booking JL via CX is the best way to guarantee space, even NH 1J/1F is hard to book nowadays out of JFK. It'll be much more expensive than NH RT TPAC, but what can you do.
I think a couple of months is not that specific.. ok then you would agree. No CX has nothing. Absolutely nothing.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 2:37 pm

You're looking at peak season for cherry blossoms, not going to be too many flights to Tokyo. Maybe closer in will have some space.

Or just book CI via AF for ~95k OW
Old Dec 25, 2023, 3:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by yinxzon
I just looked at HND-SFO, nothing for March/April 2024, even economy is 119K RT.
Replace HND with TYO in order to capture NRT flights as well. And, search for flights within the next two weeks. There is lots of availability at 60k.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.