Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

China Eastern to/from UK - Alcohol Served in Economy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2023, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA & BD Gold Once Upon a Time

My dad (who is getting on a lot) and has succumbed to a very cheap fare over a decent airline for his forthcoming LHR-HKT trip, which is via PVG with China Eastern.

To numb the pain, he asks if China Eastern serve free alcohol to economy passengers on the LHR-PVG leg? Beer, wine, spirits or nothing at all?

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Oil-man
My dad (who is getting on a lot) and has succumbed to a very cheap fare over a decent airline for his forthcoming LHR-HKT trip, which is via PVG with China Eastern.

To numb the pain, he asks if China Eastern serve free alcohol to economy passengers on the LHR-PVG leg? Beer, wine, spirits or nothing at all?

Thanks in advance.
Beer and wine. China Eastern is a “decent” airline. Certainly better than BA.
Oil-man and gudugan like this.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Beer and wine. China Eastern is a “decent” airline. Certainly better than BA.
Thanks for that and good to hear CE is a decent choice. I have to say getting my dad special assistance (he is visually impaired and registered disabled) is not straightforward as the web page doesn’t seem to work, and so far the phone lines neither.

He is 83, and even with his challenges he still likes a tipple or five on a long haul flight, so he will be pleased.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 12:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Thanks for that and good to hear CE is a decent choice.
Just make sure he gets on the right plane: China Eastern Airlines' ICAO Code is CES, and their IATA Designator is MU.

Agreed that their website is not good at loading if you're trying to access it from abroad.
There's this page that should help you (once you've booked his flight): https://uk.ceair.com/en/special-serv...?formtype=OSSP
On the first page you need to acknowledge their terms and conditions, then a new page will open where you can input all the details and request the special services.

GL!
Old Dec 7, 2023, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by narvik
Just make sure he gets on the right plane: China Eastern Airlines' ICAO Code is CES, and their IATA Designator is MU.

Agreed that their website is not good at loading if you're trying to access it from abroad.
There's this page that should help you (once you've booked his flight): https://uk.ceair.com/en/special-serv...?formtype=OSSP
On the first page you need to acknowledge their terms and conditions, then a new page will open where you can input all the details and request the special services.

GL!
That is the same web page as I have been using. I fill all my father’s information and ensure that all the required data is provided. Then when you hit the submit button nothing happens. The submit button does not work. I have tried it a few times and nothing can get the submit button to work.

At least with other European FSCs arranging special services is pretty easy and works as requested. It is almost like China Eastern have a window dressing, but do not want it to work.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1MM
That is the same web page as I have been using. I fill all my father’s information and ensure that all the required data is provided. Then when you hit the submit button nothing happens. The submit button does not work. I have tried it a few times and nothing can get the submit button to work.

At least with other European FSCs arranging special services is pretty easy and works as requested. It is almost like China Eastern have a window dressing, but do not want it to work.
You can try the Chinese page and fill it in in English. Use Google translate to help. The UK website is probably outsourced and isn't kept up-to-date well.

https://www.ceair.com/self-service/s...assenger-apply

(assuming what your father needs is wheelchair service; there are other services available - https://www.ceair.com/self-service/s...ces-rules-home - use Google translate)
Old Dec 8, 2023, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE

What computer and browser are you using?

I live in China. Many Chinese websites have forms like you are filling out that only work with Internet Explorer. Almost all of these websites now work well with Edge, but for many years I forced IE to open just to help with this issue. Mac Safari, Firefox, Chrome: rarely work, especially Safari. Firefox on Windows or Mac will sometimes work.

Up until 5 or 10 years ago, most computers in China had bootlegged Windows XP...... many still do.
narvik and PES_B1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.