Old Jul 11, 2023, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF,OZ,AC,VB,BA,SQ, EY, QR
Mu mad-pvg-syd a350 j

(Doubled Up)

Last edited by etrust; Jul 11, 2023 at 6:49 am
Old Jul 11, 2023, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was on a MU 350 yesterday. It’s a great plane and you’ll enjoy the flight no doubt. Biz seats are forward facing lie flats similar to what Delta uses just without the door.

Glad to see the Chinese carriers getting back in the game and lowering prices. If only we could get this same action back and forth to North America!
narvik, moondog, Palal and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 7:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Was on a MU 350 yesterday. It’s a great plane and you’ll enjoy the flight no doubt. Biz seats are forward facing lie flats similar to what Delta uses just without the door.

Glad to see the Chinese carriers getting back in the game and lowering prices. If only we could get this same action back and forth to North America!

Yes, MU was my preferred airline pre-Covid.
Great airline, but yeah...would be great to see them restart all their USA-China flights again....
Old Jul 11, 2023, 8:17 pm

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by narvik
Yes, MU was my preferred airline pre-Covid.
Not to get too far off topic, but it was also my preferred airline, but no way I can say they are a great airline. Tell me if your experience is different:

1) Seat belt sign never goes off, so you have to guess when it's safe to get up
2) "Landing mode" starts 30-45 minutes before actual touchdown -- all seats upright, headphones taken away, bright cabins. Compare this to 10 min for other airlines.
narvik likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2023, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YariGuy
Not to get too far off topic, but it was also my preferred airline, but no way I can say they are a great airline. Tell me if your experience is different:

2) "Landing mode" starts 30-45 minutes before actual touchdown -- all seats upright, headphones taken away, bright cabins. Compare this to 10 min for other airlines.
These both are common across all Chinese carriers and not specific to MU. Nonetheless, you are right, they are super annoying, especially the landing mode starting an hour before actual touchdown. Especially annoying on the red eyes to SE Asia where it’d be nice to lay flat and sleep for another 45 mins rather than have to sit bolt upright for the final hour of the flight.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by YariGuy

Oh, yeah, I actually forgot about some of those...you're not wrong..... my rating needs modifying from GREAT to GOOD!
Old Jul 16, 2023, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by travelinmanS

London-PVG/HKG prices are practically pre-pandemic level. North America needs more competition!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.