Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chinese visa (Q2) from Taipei - Canadian citizen?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2023, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus (United)

Posting as new thread since it is a somewhat unique situation. No embassy or consulate here. Most local Taiwanese can use the Taiwan Compatriot Permit (台胞证) but I only have a Canadian citizenship. I was able to find a local agency that does it, but charges $850 CAD. Any better way to do it, do I need to do an agency or go back to Canada?
Old Jan 14, 2023, 7:27 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Fly into HKG, and get it there on the way to China?
moondog, tauphi, OSSYULYYZ and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 8:28 pm

Programs: MU Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Fly into HKG, and get it there on the way to China?
That's probably the easiest way.

If you don't want to go to HK, the travel agent route is probably the best, but I know some of them paused this service because Chinese consulates started requiring in-person submission of fingerprints. This seems like a big provider: https://sttvisa.com/chinavisa.htm You might want to call to see if their service has resumed.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 1:33 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by YariGuy
That's probably the easiest way.

If you don't want to go to HK, the travel agent route is probably the best, but I know some of them paused this service because Chinese consulates started requiring in-person submission of fingerprints. This seems like a big provider: https://sttvisa.com/chinavisa.htm You might want to call to see if their service has resumed.
On visa application form, it does ask whether or not one had finger printing done before. If the answer is yes, a trip to HKG can be avoided.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus (United)
Thanks for the tips everyone. I got in contact with STT Visa and they basically said Taiwan-based travel agencies aren't able to do foreigner visas anymore. I will try poking to see if there's a way around especially re: fingerprinting. Looks like Hong Kong (4 day processing time? Potentially sped up with expedited) or a Canadian-based agency is the best bet. Surprisingly, a friend who was at a visa/travel agency in New York said that in-person fingerprinting was not required.
Old Jan 31, 2023, 10:19 am

Programs: UA 1MM
Originally Posted by pekjoker
Thanks for the tips everyone. I got in contact with STT Visa and they basically said Taiwan-based travel agencies aren't able to do foreigner visas anymore. I will try poking to see if there's a way around especially re: fingerprinting. Looks like Hong Kong (4 day processing time? Potentially sped up with expedited) or a Canadian-based agency is the best bet. Surprisingly, a friend who was at a visa/travel agency in New York said that in-person fingerprinting was not required.
There's 3 levels of processing speed in HK. Regular, expedited, and urgent. I believe urgent, which is the most expensive, can get you a visa by the next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.