Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to leave China (as of Nov 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2022, 4:50 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
How is infection rate/situation since lifting the restriction? Almost half of my office back in Beijing have tested positive (and most of their families) in the past week.

I anticipate the infection rate may impact airlines resume services to China. For examples, airlines unions may raise health cockers for their members.
Infection rate in Beijing is likely already HIGHER than 50%, in Shanghai lower than 50%. My best guess: Beijing 50-65%, Shanghai ~30-40%
Everyone wore a mask on the plane PVG-ICN-SFO, including pax and FAs.
UA_Flyer likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 10:21 pm

Yeah I would agree. HKG was a leeway when outbound flights from mainland were extremely restricted due to 5x1 times (suspending flights due to carrying covid). Now the policy is lifted and I would expect flights ramping up.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 4:55 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
How is infection rate/situation since lifting the restriction? Almost half of my office back in Beijing have tested positive (and most of their families) in the past week.

I anticipate the infection rate may impact airlines resume services to China. For examples, airlines unions may raise health cockers for their members.
Many of my business contacts are sick right now, they suspect they have covid but the last place they want to go is a testing location. All are toughing it out at home, and everyone in the houshold is getting it. The only surprise is the speed at which it seems to be spreading.
narvik likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM
I am not in China anymore, but it appears the first wave in Beijing has pretty much died down now.
Everyone in our company is back at work.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 3:26 pm

Is Covid PCR testing readily available at PVG for US bound passengers? Any recent experience?
Old Jan 8, 2023, 3:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xooz
Is Covid PCR testing readily available at PVG for US bound passengers? Any recent experience?
I'm not sure about PVG itself, but there are plenty of testing places open in Shanghai. Most now seem to charge y16. Following is a partial list:
Old Jan 8, 2023, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
I'm not sure about PVG itself, but there are plenty of testing places open in Shanghai. Most now seem to charge y16. Following is a partial list:
Thanks. My son will be flying out of PVG at 1000am but arrives late the previous evening by train from Beijing. I'm just concerned that he can get the required test for US entry as close to departure as possible.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 4:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xooz
Thanks. My son will be flying out of PVG at 1000am but arrives late the previous evening by train from Beijing. I'm just concerned that he can get the required test for US entry as close to departure as possible.
He should probably get tested in Beijing in that case. Late night testing in Shanghai wasn't common even when there were testing places every several blocks.
xooz likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:57 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by moondog
I will do a COVID test in a local hospital in Zhejiang province before returning to US. But how do I get a certificate to satisfy OZ/UA’s requirements? Someone mentioned Taobao(?), but I need to be certain how this works if it is true.

Last edited by Kmxu; Jan 13, 2023 at 12:12 pm Reason: correct spelling
Old Jan 13, 2023, 12:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles
Has anyone USA left China yet since January 5th? Supposed to hop on AA128 in a week or so.

I'm assuming since the people at the check-in desk will be Chinese, that I can just hit a booth and that the "normal" health code/test result screen would be good enough, meaning I don't need to to the hospital and bother finding an English language result. But, I'd hate to be wrong on that...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.