Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

( Less requirements) Seeking survey participants about China's airports and airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

( Less requirements) Seeking survey participants about China's airports and airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2020, 3:42 am
Original Poster

Seeking volunteers for survey! An interview about Chinese airlines and airports!

Dear flyers,

This is Lion, a frequent flyer in China with Gold of Fortune Wings Club (Hainan Airlines), and I’m also a postgraduate student in the UK.

I’m working on my dissertation focused on passengers’ attitudes and preferences on Chinese airports, I need some first-hand data from real passengers. Thus, I need your help to be the interviewees. I’ve contacted the staff and moderator team of FlyerTalk Forum and got their admission.

The interview would be helped by my professor and university, and obey rules including GDPR. And you would get traditional Chinese gifts or 20 UK Pounds/ Euros/ Dollars to show my thanks.

As I mentioned, my dissertation is focusing on Chinese aviation industry, all interview processes would be finished by 10th August, and all data would be used for my dissertation of Lancaster University, here are some basic information and requirements:

Nationality: No requirement, all welcomed
Religion: No requirement, all welcomed
Ethnicity: No requirement, all welcomed
Current living area: Better in any European area, but not compulsive
Interview language: English, compulsive
Length of interview: Approximately 40 minutes
Channel of interview: WhatsApp/ Line/ WeChat App via internet

Travel history to China: Better but not compulsive
Travel history of long-haul international routes (Flying time is more than 8 hours): Compulsive, but no matter departure/ arrival area
Mileage programs: Better but not compulsive

Interview questions: Your personal experiences about air-travel specially long-haul international routes and airports; Your personal expectations about airports during air-travel of long-haul international routes; Your personal preferences about airport/ airline choice for long-haul international routes; Your personal thoughts about airports marketing and airlines marketing.

Added information for pay:
For UK interviewee: it’s available to transfer to a UK bank account;
For other interviewee: I’m sorry but I’m not sure about transferring to an international bank account, but I could try that. If failed, maybe Apple Gift Card, MS Gift Card or other gift cards depended on you.

Many thanks to FlyerTalk Forum and all you who read my post. Please contact me if you would like to be the interviewee, or you have some suggestions to my dissertation. Private Message and email are both welcomed, but due to the limited total amount of Private Message per day, it would be better to contact me via email: [email protected]

Thanks again!

Last edited by LEMONlion; Aug 3, 2020 at 8:04 am Reason: ease some requirements
Old Aug 4, 2020, 9:49 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Moderator note

While FlyerTalk does not endorse any specific student or journalist survey, we do aid these groups in posting their relatively rare, qualifying surveys, the same as we would aid any FT member in posting effectively.

Here, due to some technical limits, the OP was unable to post the ability to ease the survey requirements. The OP's first post now contains the eased survey requirements. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 10:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
While FlyerTalk does not endorse any specific student or journalist survey, we do aid these groups in posting their relatively rare, qualifying surveys, the same as we would aid any FT member in posting effectively.

Here, due to some technical limits, the OP was unable to post the ability to ease the survey requirements. The OP's first post now contains the eased survey requirements. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.
I talked with the OP last night, and I encourage others to do the same because he is a nice guy. I was unable to provide him recent data points because travel, especially international, has ground to a halt.

A few comments:
-SHA T1 is really nice
-I fly MU most of the time because they are based in Shanghai
-they no longer suck
-fares to the US and Europe are not especially expensive, but coming back is really expensive
-PVG's satellite terminal is honestly worse than PEK T3, but I can endure it when flying DL or AF
-SZX is worse than both (e.g 1+ mile walks are not an exaggeration, and retail is dominated by bridal shops and the like), but the subway is kind of useful
-NNG is okay
-XIY, where the OP is based, is also passable; it would be nice if they had better food, but I can't really complain
-I used to be really into trains, but flying is better now if your destination is more than 2 hours away
-echannel is a godsend

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.