US carrier resumes flights to China

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US carrier resumes flights to China

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2020, 7:14 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz President’s Circle
SFO-PVG is going up to four flights a week...

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...-and-shanghai/
Old Aug 19, 2020, 9:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by anacapamalibu
Delta Air Lines will re-start service between Seattle, United States and Shanghai-Pudong (China) via Seoul-Incheon (South-Korea) on June 25, operating twice per week

The Shanghai Pudong-Seattle flights will be served with Delta’s A350 aircraft, bringing clean and safe services to customers. Moreover, Delta is constantly updating best practices and improving the new standard of care based on expert medical advice and the feedback of customers. The airline has also launched a Global Cleanliness Division dedicated to innovating and evolving its already-high cleanliness standards.Limited seating

The number of passengers on each flight will be reduced, and certain seats in the middle rows will be blocked. The carrier is capping 75 percent of business-class seats and 60 percent of the economy cabin.

All passengers are required to wear face masks during travel, except during meal service. Complimentary face masks are available on request and hand sanitizers are provided at check-in counters and boarding areas.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/d...-from-25-june/

For TPAC travel airlines should supply and require PPE..gloves, gown, respirator and shield for passengers.
Just common sense.
The turquoise in that photo would not be DL uniforms. At first, I thought KE but the color is too bright, so maybe KLM? Also, DL doesn't fly narrow body aircraft on any TPAC route, including between SEA and ICN. I suspect the plan is to stop in ICN in order to avoid having DL crew overnight in mainland China and be subject to special testing and quarantine rules. Alternatively, DL could be planning a connection (which could easily be a codeshare) onto KE at ICN rather than flying into mainland China on DL operated flights.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The turquoise in that photo would not be DL uniforms. At first, I thought KE but the color is too bright, so maybe KLM? Also, DL doesn't fly narrow body aircraft on any TPAC route, including between SEA and ICN. I suspect the plan is to stop in ICN in order to avoid having DL crew overnight in mainland China and be subject to special testing and quarantine rules. Alternatively, DL could be planning a connection (which could easily be a codeshare) onto KE at ICN rather than flying into mainland China on DL operated flights.
Thu, Aug 27

9:15 am — 11:45 am
Shanghai (PVG) - Seoul (ICN)
Main Cabin 1h 30m

Delta 288 · Wide-body jet · Airbus A350-900
Old Aug 19, 2020, 10:20 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I see one aisle and windows on both sides in the photo.
Old Aug 19, 2020, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I see one aisle and windows on both sides in the photo.
I suspect the photo is incorrect. Both DL and UA fly to PVG on their own metal. Tmk, this was part of the deal. The ICN stops simply allow for crew changes. Neither is permitted to sell tickets between ICN and PVG.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.