Reload this Page >

Situation in Wuhan?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Situation in Wuhan?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2020, 8:40 am

moondog I'm not writing or researching an article. Please do try to remember that you musn't believe everything you read online, and it's certainly not wise to pass off speculation (in this case my profession!!) as fact without any real evidence. [Moderator edit to remove comments on moderator action.]

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; May 5, 2020 at 9:04 am Reason: See note above.
Old May 5, 2020, 9:06 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Moderator note

We've had to do some deep thread cleaning here recently. Let's keep the thread on the topic of flights to Wuhan or its province, not on talking about members in a personalized way. Ocn Vw 1K, Senior Moderator.
anacapamalibu likes this.
Old May 5, 2020, 7:22 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
Originally Posted by broadside
Hi guys,

I was wondering at what point domestic flights to and from Wuhan were stopped/dramatically reduced comparative to when international flights were ... is it possible to ffind any data on that?
broadside
email IIan , he could answer your specific question. Communications @Flightradar24.com twitter Ian Petchenik (@petchmo)
Here's a link to an article published today. Doesn't address flights prior to January 23rd lockdown, but does indicate that flights were in fact halted after Jan.23

We spoke to Ian Petchenik, the director of communications for Flightradar24, a global flight tracking service, and Petchenik confirmed that “there were no more normal, commercial flights” from Wuhan after Jan. 23. “They did stop people from going to the U.S. and to the rest of the world,” he said.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/05/tr...el-conspiracy/

Last edited by anacapamalibu; May 5, 2020 at 7:52 pm
Old May 5, 2020, 7:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Officially, the lockdown began at 10:00 am. People were still able to leave (and enter if they desired) Wuhan in the early morning hours of the day the lockdown started. Logically, the early morning scheduled flights should have been unaffected and those leaving Wuhan in this time period would have been expected to be packed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.