Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Noon departure from Shanghai. Anything to do?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2019, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

I’m flying back to SFO tomorrow at around noon. Ideally I’ll arrive at PVG at around 9 AM, which means I’ll leave the hotel at around 8 AM or so. Is there anything to do in Shanghai in the morning? Decent place to get breakfast? I’m still a bit jet lagged so I don’t have any problem waking up at about 5 AM if there is something to do.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 11:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by lsquare
I’m flying back to SFO tomorrow at around noon. Ideally I’ll arrive at PVG at around 9 AM, which means I’ll leave the hotel at around 8 AM or so. Is there anything to do in Shanghai in the morning? Decent place to get breakfast? I’m still a bit jet lagged so I don’t have any problem waking up at about 5 AM if there is something to do.
Where is your hotel? I'm not much of a breakfast person myself, but xiaolongbao places are fairly ubiquitous in middle class neighborhoods, and Mr. Pancake is okay enough for western stuff. By the way, for a noon flight, getting to PVG at 1030a is more than safe. In fact, I'd probably target 1045a myself.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 12:27 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
At least for USA legacy carriers, I would assume that check in closes one hour before departure. Depending on status and cabin class, planning to get to PVG at roughly 10 am should be fine for a noon departure, but YMMV. It's not a particularly nice airport in which to spend time, lounges are mediocre at best, etc.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
At least for USA legacy carriers, I would assume that check in closes one hour before departure. Depending on status and cabin class, planning to get to PVG at roughly 10 am should be fine for a noon departure, but YMMV. It's not a particularly nice airport in which to spend time, lounges are mediocre at best, etc.
Correct --> T-70 check-in is quite safe.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
Where is your hotel? I'm not much of a breakfast person myself, but xiaolongbao places are fairly ubiquitous in middle class neighborhoods, and Mr. Pancake is okay enough for western stuff. By the way, for a noon flight, getting to PVG at 1030a is more than safe. In fact, I'd probably target 1045a myself.
I’m at the Four Points by Sheraton in Tangqiao. Not a bad location. I’ll get my two nights for my Platinum challenge.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I’m flying UA. You’re right the lounges are mediocre, but given the departure time, I don’t really know what else to do in Shanghai prior to departure.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
I’m flying UA. You’re right the lounges are mediocre, but given the departure time, I don’t really know what else to do in Shanghai prior to departure.
Um, pretty much anything else is better than going to the airport earlier than necessary.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 7:31 am
Suspended

You should leave the hotel at 7 o'clock and leave for an hour to pass the security checkpoint
Old Oct 19, 2019, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by g4495792
You should leave the hotel at 7 o'clock and leave for an hour to pass the security checkpoint
So he can spend four hours at the airport?! To each his own I guess...
Old Oct 19, 2019, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
So he can spend four hours at the airport?! To each his own I guess...
Funny that the guy is now suspended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.