Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Two-ticket international to domestic connection at Shanghai/PVG

Old Oct 19, 2019, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta

Hi guys, I just realized that I was booked on an international-to-domestic connection at Shanghai pudong with only a 2.5-hour layover. I'm wondering if that'll be enough given that I have never transited at PVG before (I usually land at PEK) and I heard it was a mess. Here's some info:
  • Inbound flight on DL lands at 6:30, apparently at one of their new "satellite" concourses. Outbound flight on MU (booked on a separate ticket) departing at 9:00, from the main terminal (1). I was told that I'll have to take a people mover to the main terminal to clear immigration there.
  • All flights are in J so I can presumably take advantage of some fast track security at the main terminal if there's any.
  • No checked luggage. Carry-on only.
What do you guys think? The only alternative is to take an outbound the next morning which I would prefer not to do unless absolutely necessary. Thanks a lot!!
Old Oct 20, 2019, 11:19 am

Should be plenty of time. Assuming that your flight is on time, one hour to clear immigration leaves you 1.5 hours to your domestic flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.