Wiki Posts
Search

2-3 days in CAN - where to stay?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
2-3 days in CAN - where to stay?

Hi all, I am planning to spend two days in CAN - where is a convenient place to stay? I looked at staying at the Park Hyatt or Four Seasons, since it's a straight shot from the airport (need to go back and forth to the airport a few times to meet colleagues from different flights) and on two metro lines, but I wasn't sure if there are walkable places around it. I'm not too interested in shopping, interested in just walking around, seeing some new high rises or cultural sights. Any recommendations on where to stay?
cocoke likes this.

Last edited by ChateauMargaux; Dec 21, 2018 at 11:42 am
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:09 pm

The White Swan was restored a few years ago, and while I don't know myself how it turned out, the reviews seem very good. Hard to beat if it's still the place it once was. Try for a river-view room.

If the WS is a bit pricey, there are also some less pricey options on Shamian Island, which sounds like where you'd like to be.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like Tianhe in Guangzhou and with those hotels you mentioned I'd be staying at the Mandarin Oriental. Tall buildings abound and there are some charming/quirky places to walk around.
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I like the White Swan. The location is quiet and somewhat interesting--it feels like an oasis in the city--plus you can walk to some other stuff like markets. The river views are special. I was there in warm weather and was enchanted by the experience of having dinner outdoors with views of the river and different boats going past with all their lights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.