Didi payment methods

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Didi payment methods

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2018, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by synthkeys
Thanks, good to know. I'm heading back to the PRC this weekend for a month. I'll see if my business platinum works.
Personal platinum worked fine for me 6 months ago so no reason business wouldn't work.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 9:57 am

Didi and WeChat

I found a card that adds a % rather than fixed amount for foreign transactions and this is working well with Didi. The WeChat wallet is activated as soon as you receive and open a Red Envelope - ie as soon as someone sends you money. I have linked UK cards to WeChat but what is the point of doing this when it's not possible to transfer funds?

Also is it possible to choose the Didi destination on the map? The way I do it now is a little laborious - I find the destination, remember the name, then type in the name.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Is it possible to replace the credit card in the Didi app? I can't seem to change/remove cards...
Old Oct 27, 2018, 5:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by vd0t
Is it possible to replace the credit card in the Didi app? I can't seem to change/remove cards...
I think you need to disable password free payment in order to replace your cards. I don't want to try this myself though because my setup works pretty well.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: AA EXP
Had no issues setting up my US-issued Chase (CSR) visa as the default payment method on DiDi. However, when it came time to pay, it took a bit of trial and error to get the payment screen to load.

Unlike Uber, payment doesn't occur automatically at the end of the ride. Once I got the payment screen to load, it was entirely in Chinese. I just showed the screen to my driver, he tapped the appropriate button and then it progressed to an English page where I did the final payment confirmation.

Worked just fine in the end, but a few tense moments trying to figure it all out. This was back in May of this year, so perhaps this issue has been resolved since then.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by swingaling

Unlike Uber, payment doesn't occur automatically at the end of the ride.
It does if you enable that setting.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by moondog
It does if you enable that setting.
I haven't seen that setting anywhere in the app.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Had no issues using my credit cards (both the ICBC US-issued UnionPay and my CreditStacks MasterCard) with DiDi, and even then I could choose to pay cash if I wanted to.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:04 pm

Sorry, English services are currently unavailable in your area.

I got the above message when wanting a car so switched to Chinese. This also changed payment options and the payment was not done automatically. I paid cash but now, every time I try to use Didi, I get reminded to pay for that trip. I am back in UK now so will uninstall and hope the trip gets forgotten before my next visit to China.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by David Powel
I got the above message when wanting a car so switched to Chinese. This also changed payment options and the payment was not done automatically. I paid cash but now, every time I try to use Didi, I get reminded to pay for that trip. I am back in UK now so will uninstall and hope the trip gets forgotten before my next visit to China.
I don't want to tinker with my settings now because they are working well, but I think automatic payment and password free payment might be the same thing. I see the password free payment option (enabled in my case) in both the Chinese and English interfaces.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
So I have a question on using Didi... are the estimates the app gives reliable?

I can go from Shanghai Hongqiao station to the Hilton Suzhou for about Y340 and it takes about an hour. Seems much more direct, and just a hair more expensive, than taking a train to Suzhou then Didi from Suzhou station (and the transit time from Suzhou station to the Hilton is listed at an hour!)

To me this seems like a no-brainer. About US$50 and get dropped at the door.

Do drivers know the trip in advance? So they'd know what they're in for before picking me up?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by aztimm
So I have a question on using Didi... are the estimates the app gives reliable?

I can go from Shanghai Hongqiao station to the Hilton Suzhou for about Y340 and it takes about an hour. Seems much more direct, and just a hair more expensive, than taking a train to Suzhou then Didi from Suzhou station (and the transit time from Suzhou station to the Hilton is listed at an hour!)

To me this seems like a no-brainer. About US$50 and get dropped at the door.

Do drivers know the trip in advance? So they'd know what they're in for before picking me up?
The estimates are usually pretty accurate, especially on longer trips, but traffic, and sub-optimal routes are variables that can throw things off. Yes, drivers know the drip in advance; when you enter your destination into the app, it gets sent to them as part of your request. If you're not going to take a train, why would you go to the train station (very annoying place to get a car)?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 6:06 am

Two solutions:
1. Use Amex card. You need to have access to your email or cell to get verification code.
2. Sign up Wechat and link your credit card (AMEX, Visa, Mastercard) to Wechat Pay, and then use Wechat to make a payment.
I am not sure Wechat pay with foreign credit card works fine on didi, but I have successfully made payments on other apps, so it should works.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by ztang15
Two solutions:
1. Use Amex card. You need to have access to your email or cell to get verification code.
2. Sign up Wechat and link your credit card (AMEX, Visa, Mastercard) to Wechat Pay, and then use Wechat to make a payment.
I am not sure Wechat pay with foreign credit card works fine on didi, but I have successfully made payments on other apps, so it should works.
Can confirm. Just got back from Shanghai. First time using DiDi. AMEX SPG Luxury and AMEX Hilton Aspire were verified to be able to to link to Didi.

Had trouble with Chase CSR. It seemed to fail linking after trying to authenticate through "Verified by Visa". A Google search has pulled up other people complaining about Chase and their incompatibility with Verified by Visa in certain situations.

Just to check another Visa card, I was able to verify linking of a Citi Costco Visa.

Didi is super convenient and cheaper than Uber.

But on NYE, sufferes the same situation as in demand > supply. Ask me how I know. Thankfully walking to my friend's apt wasn't too far. It was cold AF though.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Why not try to use Alipay? It have a better compatibility with foreign cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.