Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Before Visiting To China

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Before Visiting To China

Hello Everyone! Before 7 November I will go to Guangzhou city of China for one month also attend Itzhak Perlman Events on 7 November. Anyhow, my query is the restriction of many social and other websites in China. I don't want to Live like prisoners. Before my visiting, I want to know which VPN is working in China. How can I get VPN for one month is there any possibility? Please Help me out I don't want to take the risk to use free VPN.

Last edited by Wendell Hill; Nov 2, 2017 at 4:12 am
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you're staying at a major international hotel, you're likely to be able to use the internet without restrictions; this is not true in more local hotels. However, some of the international TV stations such as CNN tend IME to have difficulties with reception from time to time, even in rooms occupied by foreigners in major international hotels. YMMV.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by Wendell Hill
Hello Everyone! Before 7 November I will go to Guangzhou city of China for one month also attend Itzhak Perlman Events on 7 November. Anyhow, my query is the restriction of many social and other websites in China. I don't want to Live like prisoners. Before my visiting, I want to know which VPN is working in China. How can I get VPN for one month is there any possibility? Please Help me out I don't want to take the risk to use free VPN.
ExpressVPN is fairly reliable and even has servers that accommodate Netflix.

If you cancel it within thirty days of subscribing, you will receive a full refund.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you're staying at a major international hotel, you're likely to be able to use the internet without restrictions; this is not true in more local hotels. However, some of the international TV stations such as CNN tend IME to have difficulties with reception from time to time, even in rooms occupied by foreigners in major international hotels. YMMV.
Thanks
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by onuhistorian0116
ExpressVPN is fairly reliable and even has servers that accommodate Netflix.

If you cancel it within thirty days of subscribing, you will receive a full refund.
Hello, onuhistorian0116, Thanks for your Suggestion but I don't want to deceive anyone if I cancel the subscription after using VPN what explanation I give them. Well, its little bit expensive. I did little research on some VPNs on google. Is there any other VPN working in China from the list within this article. https://www.reviewsdir.com/best-china-vpn/ Maybe it would be useful for me and I I'll never need to unsubscribe.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 1:50 am

Originally Posted by Wendell Hill
Hello, onuhistorian0116, Thanks for your Suggestion but I don't want to deceive anyone if I cancel the subscription after using VPN what explanation I give them. Well, its little bit expensive. I did little research on some VPNs on google. Is there any other VPN working in China from the list within this article. https://www.reviewsdir.com/best-china-vpn/ Maybe it would be useful for me and I I'll never need to unsubscribe.
You could also just get a one month subscription to Express VPN. It is $12.95 for one month. If you feel that it is important you have access to Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Netflix (unlike many VPNs, Express has dedicated servers for Netflix), New York Times, etc while you are in China, and it is important enough to pay for it, you mightaswell pay a few dollars more for a VPN that works well.

While Express isn’t quite “bullet proof” as their add campaign claims, they are quite reliable. I have used Express since I first came to China in 2013, and am not looking to make a change.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:02 am

I think that has changed. Stayed at Andaz, didn't get internet without restrictions.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by s0ssos
I think that has changed. Stayed at Andaz, didn't get internet without restrictions.
Did you stay during the Party Congress?

It really depends on whether they decide to pay for a VPN. I am more of a hostel guy myself, and I stayed at a hostel in Kunming that had VPN services.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
That may not be true any longer. I was in GZ last month for the Canton Fair, I stay at a Marriott where I always had access to everything. Not this time. Spoke to the sale manager at the property, who I have met before. He said that due to the Party Congress, their VPN had been shut off for 3 months, and there was no word on if and when it would go back on.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by onuhistorian0116
Did you stay during the Party Congress?

It really depends on whether they decide to pay for a VPN. I am more of a hostel guy myself, and I stayed at a hostel in Kunming that had VPN services.
After. Whatsapp is still blocked
Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:23 pm

Only a handful of VPNs work in China at the moment, and all of them offer a 1 month subscription. You can see reviews of VPNs for China here: Jump the Great Firewall

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.