Wiki Posts
Search

Shenzhen Visa

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
Shenzhen Visa

I've recently been through the Port-Visa centre. Is there already a step by step guide on cross the Lo Wu/Luo Hu border in the forums? If not, I'm prepared to make one including a guide on how to get a visa for Shenzhen in Lo Wu.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:48 pm

That would be a really great addition to the information available on the web.
Include information for other nationalities. Personally I'm interested whether Australian nationals can do this. We can enter Hong Kong visa free, being able to get a port visa in Lo Wu would be very handy.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 12:25 am

Have seen the odd picture here and there, but never a proper guide. One with pictures would sure be useful, but with all the restrictions there, not sure if that's possible / smart.

This blog claims up to date info on eligible passports.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
I believe that all nationals can do this as there's that says otherwise that I've seen (possible human error). I'll start a new thread with the guide for crossing the Lo Wu border shortly then.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 6:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by james_yuen
I believe that all nationals can do this as there's that says otherwise that I've seen (possible human error). I'll start a new thread with the guide for crossing the Lo Wu border shortly then.
There are a few threads on this topic already, so it might be best to add to one of them. Also, note that these visas are offered at a number of different checkpoints, but the specifics (e.g. locations, hours, eligible nationalities) change frequently. IMO, information of this sort (and where to find updates) is more valuable than information about the process itself (which is rather straight forward).

ETA: Following are some of the aforementioned existing threads on this topic:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/china...-fortress.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-...zhen-visa.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-...ho-border.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hong-...zhen-visa.html

Last edited by moondog; Apr 12, 2017 at 9:13 am
Old Apr 12, 2017, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by james_yuen
Not quite. Americans cannot get this visa. And several other nationalities as well. It is hard to know which ones exactly and it seems that the list changes all the time, So the information needs to be updated regularly. Australians are fine.
Here are some references:
http://www.olinorwell.com/how-to-vis...rom-hong-kong/
https://geoexpat.com/forum/attachmen...p;d=1390362415
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:13 am

I think this is the youngest thread on the general Shenzhen port visa topic...apologies if I missed it, but couldn't find an answer on FT or anywhere else: Can I fly out of Shenzhen Airport SZX direct to a third country after entering with a port visa from Lo Wu?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:54 am

Yes, you do not need to exit from the same port.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by JPDM
Thank you!
Old Jan 17, 2020, 8:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Originally Posted by JPDM
Is the West Kowloon Train Station a valid Port of EXIT for the Shenzhen SEZ Visa on Arrival or the 144 hour Guangdong TWOV?
Old Jan 18, 2020, 4:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by OSSYULYYZ
Is the West Kowloon Train Station a valid Port of EXIT for the Shenzhen SEZ Visa on Arrival or the 144 hour Guangdong TWOV?
No, even West Kowloon port is under the same GD PSB.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by garykung
No, even West Kowloon port is under the same GD PSB.
I'm slightly confused. You just said that West Kowloon Port is under the same Guangdong Public Service Bureau. Doesn't that make it eligible as a Port of EXIT for the Shenzhen SEZ Visa on Arrival?
Old Jan 18, 2020, 1:34 pm
qpr

Luohu (Lo Wu), Huanggang, Shekou and Fuyong ports are eligible for the VOA.

And Shenzhen airport.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by OSSYULYYZ
I'm slightly confused. You just said that West Kowloon Port is under the same Guangdong Public Service Bureau. Doesn't that make it eligible as a Port of EXIT for the Shenzhen SEZ Visa on Arrival?
Because West Kowloon is not within GD.

West Kowloon is practically similar to the U.S. preclearance port of entry in Canada. So when you clear the U.S. CBP in Canada, making you practically under the U.S. control, you are still in Canada for all other purposes.

In this case, by clearing West Kowloon port, you are within the Mainland control. Yet, you are still in Hong Kong for all other purposes.

So West Kowloon is a Mainland port managed by GD PSB in Hong Kong.
OSSYULYYZ likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
Because West Kowloon is not within GD.

West Kowloon is practically similar to the U.S. preclearance port of entry in Canada. So when you clear the U.S. CBP in Canada, making you practically under the U.S. control, you are still in Canada for all other purposes.

In this case, by clearing West Kowloon port, you are within the Mainland control. Yet, you are still in Hong Kong for all other purposes.

So West Kowloon is a Mainland port managed by GD PSB in Hong Kong.
Interesting because West Kowloon HSR station is listed on a page titled Checkpoints in SZ by the Shenzhen Gov't Online. I like how the entry/exit stamp says 西九龙 when that isn't even a city in Mainland China. That is very similar to the preclearance stamps that say MON for Montréal and TOR for Toronto. As much as I would like this stamp, I would not risk arrest.

Originally Posted by qpr
Luohu (Lo Wu), Huanggang, Shekou and Fuyong ports are eligible for the VOA.

And Shenzhen airport.
AFAIK, VOA can only be obtained at those ports, but one can EXIT out of any Shenzhen Port TO HK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.