What should I know about NKG airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What should I know about NKG airport?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2016, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
If you are going to take a car service, why did you ask how to get to the train?
Originally Posted by JPDM
There aren't many flights between Nanjing and Pudong (1 per day?). so the timing has to really work otherwise it's better to just take the train than sit around for the connection..
That's why I asked. JPDM mentioned a train, but didn't mention a bus connection. Arriving in Hongqiao or Nanjing connects me directly to a train, perhaps with a subway in the middle.

I now understand my folly! I HATE being driven in and around Shanghai and MUCH prefer trains or planes. The drive from Wuxi or the train/taxi from Nanjing or Huangzhou would be much better for my psyche, even if it requires an extra flight.

Dr. PITUK
Old Jun 15, 2016, 5:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

[QUOTE=painintheuk;26780400]That's why I asked. JPDM mentioned a train, but didn't mention a bus connection. Arriving in Hongqiao or Nanjing connects me directly to a train, perhaps with a subway in the middle.

I/QUOTE]

PVG is also served by subway. You'd be nuts to take it to Shanghai Stn or Hongqiao Stn, but I would argue that the same applies to Nanjing and Hangzhou, and nearly every other Chinese airport that is connected to a train station by subway.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, British Airways, Alaska
Sorry to revive a 6 month old thread but had a question regarding transportation in Nanjing.

I will be there for 10 days in June and I was thinking of renting a car to get around. None of the typical car rental sites have availability. I see car and driver sites but not cars only.

Can cars be rented in Nanjing?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 3:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Sean22mac
Sorry to revive a 6 month old thread but had a question regarding transportation in Nanjing.

I will be there for 10 days in June and I was thinking of renting a car to get around. None of the typical car rental sites have availability. I see car and driver sites but not cars only.

Yes. Renting cars is pretty easy in China. Do you have a PRC driver's license?
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by Sean22mac

You can only drive with a Chinese driver's license. Even then, I have a Nanjing driver's license and have yet to find a place that will accept my foreign credit card.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
Can I use the Cathay Pacific first Class Lounge in Nanjing airport before departing on a CathayDragon Business Class ticket? Cathay/Dragon do not have a Business Class Lounge in Nanjing
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:20 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Sorry for reviving an older thread, but this one seems the best fit for questions about NKG Nanjing airport.

I am hoping to find someone who is familiar with the airside layout of the airport? Does it allow airside transit international-international?
Do they require a locally printed boarding pass and is there a transfer desk airside to supply such a boarding pass?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.