Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > China
Reload this Page >

Free airport transfer for Air China biz pax?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Has anyone tried to get this while travelling on award tickets (issued by a Star Alliance partner)? The rules aren't clear to me who's eligible.

https://www.airchina.us/US/GB/booking/chauffer/
Old Dec 4, 2014, 2:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by iahphx
Has anyone tried to get this while travelling on award tickets (issued by a Star Alliance partner)? The rules aren't clear to me who's eligible.

https://www.airchina.us/US/GB/booking/chauffer/
Award tickets do not qualify for car service. (There's little point in debating "why not" because our opinions will not change the status quo.)
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
Award tickets do not qualify for car service. (There's little point in debating "why not" because our opinions will not change the status quo.)
Aw, I was afraid of that (because I've encountered this "discrimination" elsewhere).
Old Dec 4, 2014, 5:16 pm

Taxis are very cheap in any case.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JPDM
Taxis are very cheap in any case.
Right. Honestly, I would care very little about "free" airport transport in China. But I've got a party of 4 arriving and departing PEK and, in a previous thread, I was inquiring whether we could all travel in one vehicle (my wife and kids prefer it) without making heroic (and expensive) arrangements. Seems like that's not really possible, so I thought perhaps I could give this "problem" to Air China to solve.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 2:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Right. Honestly, I would care very little about "free" airport transport in China. But I've got a party of 4 arriving and departing PEK and, in a previous thread, I was inquiring whether we could all travel in one vehicle (my wife and kids prefer it) without making heroic (and expensive) arrangements. Seems like that's not really possible, so I thought perhaps I could give this "problem" to Air China to solve.
I remember that thread. Either inside it around the same time, someone posted about a van taxi trip from the airport that set him back Y250, which doesn't strike me as extortionate. You can also attempt to hold out for a Sonota or Hongqi if you pack light (e.g. 3 standard roller boards plus laptop bags for all four passengers)
Old Dec 6, 2014, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
I remember that thread. Either inside it around the same time, someone posted about a van taxi trip from the airport that set him back Y250, which doesn't strike me as extortionate. You can also attempt to hold out for a Sonota or Hongqi if you pack light (e.g. 3 standard roller boards plus laptop bags for all four passengers)
I must have missed that. Yeah, I'd pay US$40 to solve my "problem." Two taxis would probably cost me about that, right? I'll look for that post.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 8:37 pm

To where? From the airport to say, the Dongcheng district, it is about 100RMB for a taxi or about US$18
Old Dec 6, 2014, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JPDM
To where? From the airport to say, the Dongcheng district, it is about 100RMB for a taxi or about US$18
Chaoyang embassy area. I know the taxi fare isn't huge. Obviously, I'd like to keep the cost of 1-vehicle 4-person transport to the cost of 2-vehicle transport!
Old Dec 7, 2014, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
And what would you do if they show up with four cars for the four of you?

That happened to us when my parents, DW and I took advantage of complimentary airport transfer. Four cars were sent with four drivers, they insist that we all ride separately so all four of them will get paid.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tentseller
And what would you do if they show up with four cars for the four of you?

That happened to us when my parents, DW and I took advantage of complimentary airport transfer. Four cars were sent with four drivers, they insist that we all ride separately so all four of them will get paid.
That would be a classic!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.