Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wrong Birth Date on China Visa

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Wrong Birth Date on China Visa

I got my China Visa (glued inside passport) back from a handler today. The birth date (day) is incorrect on the visa. The month and year are correct and match my passport. The handler claims to have spoken with officials at the consulate who said it would not be a problem. Does anyone have experience with this? I'm looking for reassurance that I won't be denied entry into China due to a typo on my visa. Thank you!
Old Jun 14, 2012, 5:11 pm
Ambassador: China

Programs: UA AA CO
If the consulate made the mistake, they will fix it no charge.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 8:36 pm

Programs: various
If it was the consulate's mistake, I'd make them fix it without cost to you. While I don't think there will be any issues, it's best not to take a chance if you have the time to have it fixed.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 9:11 pm

I think China consulate would fix it, probably some malfunction with
their machine.

If handler wrote down wrong (day) of birth on application, even though passport supported correct day, they would still fix it no charge.
Chinese like to dot every "I" and cross every "T", which is good thing.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 10:53 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by jiejie
If it was the consulate's mistake, I'd make them fix it without cost to you. While I don't think there will be any issues, it's best not to take a chance if you have the time to have it fixed.
And if it was the handler's mistake, same thing.

The handler and consulate both know they won't have to deal with you when you're stuck at immigration getting questioned.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: various
Originally Posted by drewguy
And if it was the handler's mistake, same thing.

The handler and consulate both know they won't have to deal with you when you're stuck at immigration getting questioned.
Missed the "handler" part in the original post. I assume you mean visa agent. They are the ones that need to get this redone with the Consulate. All at their expense and that includes any excess postage or express fees. Take the gloves off and don't mince words with them if they balk. You essentially paid for something you didn't get. Any reliable and honest agent would have no trouble agreeing to redo at their own expense.

Who is this agent and what city are they located in?
Old Jun 16, 2012, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've had a six month multiple entry with my last name spelled wrong before. I entered and left over 10 times using that visa and was questioned about it exactly zero times. Don't worry you'll be fine.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
I've had a six month multiple entry with my last name spelled wrong before. I entered and left over 10 times using that visa and was questioned about it exactly zero times. Don't worry you'll be fine.
Was that over land?
Airline agents could make a stink about a visa, where the name doesn't exactly match the passport. At least I have experience where if the passport name doesn't exactly match passengers name on ticket, they have charged 150 change fee or no boarding pass.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I wouldn't worry about it, I've had my name misspelled and also the wrong birth date on several of my Chinese visas.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Update: Made it in (PVG Airport) and out (PEK Airport) with incorrect birth date on the visa, no problem. No questions, nothing.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jtf76290
Update: Made it in (PVG Airport) and out (PEK Airport) with incorrect birth date on the visa, no problem. No questions, nothing.
Told you...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.