Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Master Transportation Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2013, 3:25 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by lax2010
I know this post is 5-month old but what was the significant about November 18, 2012 with respect to this?
Major Communist Party gathering in Beijing, during which security was tightened at nearly all railway stations with train departures in that direction.
Old Apr 14, 2013, 3:49 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by mosburger
Major Communist Party gathering in Beijing, during which security was tightened at nearly all railway stations with train departures in that direction.
Thanks for the info!
Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:16 pm

For those who don't speak/read Chinese, ctrip now lets you buy train tickets in English

http://pages.english.ctrip.com/promo...vel/index.html
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: various
Originally Posted by embla
For those who don't speak/read Chinese, ctrip now lets you buy train tickets in English

http://pages.english.ctrip.com/promo...vel/index.html
Please note the limitations: only G and D trains are bookable, and delivery is currently only in Shanghai. The surcharge of RMB 40 per ticket seems reasonable, though.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 7:08 pm

For all FT'ers with Chinese colleagues, biz partners or friends: It's possible to book and pay your train ticket in advance over the internet, then pick it up against the order number and by showing your ID at the train station ticket windows. Foreign passport digits can be used.
Old May 19, 2013, 7:30 pm

Programs: SWA,UAL, Alaska, SPG, Marriott
your assistance, PLEASE!

jiejie:

After reading your responses to the traveller who wanted to travel help with his 2 week itinerary to China, I realized you are who I have been searching for. Would you be willing to help us out? I hope so

Last edited by l etoile; May 19, 2013 at 8:07 pm Reason: Removed long quote
Old May 19, 2013, 8:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rochellew46
jiejie:

After reading your responses to the traveller who wanted to travel help with his 2 week itinerary to China, I realized you are who I have been searching for. Would you be willing to help us out? I hope so
We're all willing to help you out. We like China, and we want people to make the most of their time in these parts (i.e. focus on really experiencing the culture rather than hanging out in tourist traps).
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Hello. Arrive on American Airlines flight from LAX-PVG. Have about a 2 hour layover to my flight to BKK on Juneyao that departs at 9:20 pm. What is the transfer situation like at PVG. I have carry on and no checked bags. Will I transfer in the same terminal? Lounge Access etc? The AA and Juneyao are different tickets purchased through different channels.. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Hello. Arrive on American Airlines flight from LAX-PVG. Have about a 2 hour layover to my flight to BKK on Juneyao that departs at 9:20 pm. What is the transfer situation like at PVG. I have carry on and no checked bags. Will I transfer in the same terminal? Lounge Access etc? The AA and Juneyao are different tickets purchased through different channels.. Thanks and Safe Travels
I'm pretty sure that you'll need to check in with Juneyao in the departures lobby (as opposed to a transit desk), but this shouldn't be a huge ordeal for you (e.g. the AA flight is usually on time); both AA and HO are in T2. HO is actually a pretty nice/friendly airline IMO (many of us MU hostages would like to see them get stronger).

I don't think you'll get lounge access, but you probably wouldn't want it anyway.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 11:39 pm

Location: D/FW- AA Plt Hilton Diamond NWA Silver Marriott Gold
I am flying into HK on April 13th, going to take the Ferry to Shenzhen then stay the day and night to rest up, visit a couple of factories on Monday, then on to Guangzhou for the Canton Fair for the week.

Think I have everything figured out for that part of the trip.

From Guangzhou I am then traveling to Quanzhou, then on to Ningbo and then to Qingdao. From there it is back to Shanghai to fly back home.

I've had advice from my Chinese partners to take the HSR and from some of them to fly.

Was wondering what your thoughts were.

I would be spending a day in each city, and I will be flying back home April 28th
Old Jan 1, 2017, 11:45 pm

Will arrive at PVG coming week from HKG around 4pm.

Need to go to Suzhou the same evening as the connection from there to my actual meeting destination the next day is preferable to those from Shanghai.

Question: Are the PVG - Suzhou buses still running in these HSR times and when does the last one leave?

Even getting to SHA by bus would be ok as then can either take HSR or a cab.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 5:54 am

http://en.shairport.com/2012-11/12/content_15974173.htm
Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:13 am

Thanks a lot, the good old bus connection seems to be alive and well.

Got a very good price/mileage ratio to PVG on CX/KA this time but should really put more attention seeking fares to SHA.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by mosburger
Thanks a lot, the good old bus connection seems to be alive and well.

Got a very good price/mileage ratio to PVG on CX/KA this time but should really put more attention seeking fares to SHA.
The intermediate stop and the 3 hour total travel time don't strike me as especially appealing. I've been finding good fares to SHA recently btw.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
The intermediate stop and the 3 hour total travel time don't strike me as especially appealing. I've been finding good fares to SHA recently btw.
Ah, CX/KA had very competitive rates with plenty of MPC mileage from Europe to PVG right now, that is. From NA the situation might be different, or even from European airports if I'd paid more attention.

The bus as such is ok, I used to take it many times in 2006 - 2007 before HSR was established on the Shanghai - Nanjing track.

Some nostalgia, also some relief in not having to deal with rude taxi drivers or asking unnecessary favors from local friends in setting up a limo transfer.

As I will ask them the next day for my final destination...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.