Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for a good Men's Tailor in Shanghai

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2011, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NWA- Gold
Question Looking for a good Men's Tailor in Shanghai

We normally get my husbands shirts and suits in Bangkok but haven't been going there lately, instead its been Shanghai and I need some suggestions for good quality and price.
He is a short bulky man so he needs someone who is really good at fittings.

Please give us some referrals.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 1:43 am

The famous ones known for their quality work are WW Chan and Dave Tailor.
If you want standard to poor quality, try any stall at the South Bund Fabric Market (Lujiabang road).
Old Jan 7, 2011, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Any tips on taking old suits to get tailored and adjusted?
Old Jan 14, 2011, 1:27 am

Programs: Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver, Very Confused
I'm in the market for a few suits as well. Check out http://www.shanghaiexpat.com/phpbbfo...t79043-25.html

WW Chan is the the way to go.

mnredfox, my best solution to questions like this is to call the best tailor, autoshop, dentist, etc you can find and see if they perform the service I need. If they don't, ask them who they refer their customers to. You can also call the concierge at a high end hotel for input (often they don't know if you are or not a guest) but be careful with this route as the concierge is often going with their own impressions or if it's a common request (e.g resturant, limo, etc) they are compensated by the business to send clients their way.
Old Jan 17, 2011, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
After a lot of searching I used 'Fit Well Fashion' - found the suits and shirts to be very good. I paid RMB3600 for a suit with two pairs of trousers.

Link with address is here: http://www.cityweekend.com.cn/shangh...-well-fashion/
Old Jan 17, 2011, 5:47 pm

Programs: UA GS/1K, SQ SilverKris, DL MM-Silver
If you have the time, and KNOW what you want fit wise, and resist the pleas for upfront payment, you can get excellent product at South Bund. Force them to do fittings and you'll get good results. Have a few wonderful $40 sport coats bought in such a manner. Not so lucky there with shirts - fittings can't make up for poor quality fabric.

Favorite place for tailoring has been Singapore vis-a-vis quality of both tailoring and textiles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.