Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xian

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2010, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA, DL, BA, LH
Originally Posted by ajnaro
As it happens I love Chinese food, in a place like San Francisco, New York, Vancouver ... Anywhere I can read the menu and the food that comes to the table seems to correspond to what's written on the menu to a certain extent. Even Hong Kong is fine, although not in all restaurants. There seems to be a distinction between Chinese food for Westerners and Chinese food for Chinese. I can't pretend to know what it is -- technique, spices and other ingredients such as cooking oils, whatever it is it just doesn't amount to tasty food for me.

As for the beer, thanks for the phrase, which I will memorize. I just wonder what the tones are. I am alway afraid about trying phrase books in China because with the wrong tone I might wind up saying something insulting.
I have the biggest trouble getting Chinese restaurants in America to make the Chinese version for me.

If you want a couple restaurant recommendations, PM me and I can send you a photo of a menu with a couple suggestions.
Old Dec 28, 2010, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PTravel
I don't recall which airline I was -- it might have been Hainan -- but I was served warm beer just this past June. I asked if they had cold beer and they said, "No."
Last month I had warm beer on a plane...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.